PDA

View Full Version : Check Tracking Roller... er... maybe not.

klingler
01-23-2010, 12:51 PM
I was about 13 pages into an explanation of my symptoms of a Tracking Roller error when I found out the root cause. The adjustable guide plate does not sit flush against a square board. As I face the keypad, the right side is about .125" wider between the two guide plates than the left. My guess as to what could have caused this is that a board may have been loaded crooked. Agree?

The adjustable plate does have some play in it as well. Without pushing the clip to slide the plate, I can hold one end and get some motion as I wiggle it forward and back (near/far to the keypad).

But, to remedy this... Do I simply loosen the two philips head screws on the adjustable plate and try to get it square? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

fwharris
01-23-2010, 01:06 PM
John,

You are right on for the correct adjustment of the sliding plate. With a good square board, load it into the machine flush and square to the fixed plate on the key board side.
Slide the plate up to the board and loosen the 2 screws and adjust the plate square to the board and tighten up the screws.

Even with the screws tight you will have some play in the plate do to how it slides on the center bar.

klingler
01-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Wonderful! As soon as the machine quits carving the current board, I'll make the adjustment. Thanks fw!