PDA

View Full Version : Error Message

wongo7p
01-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I am getting an "error -56" when trying to start a new project. I can see my project listed on the card as well as the other projects I have completed. When I select any of the old ones, no problem, but the new ones are giving me this error.

Any ideas?

CarverJerry
01-22-2010, 06:54 PM
That happened to me once so I deleted it from the card and uploaded it again and worked ok. May have gotten a bit of a flicker or bug during uploading....:confused:

Digitalwoodshop
01-22-2010, 09:17 PM
I had a problem with something like that but when loading the project on to the card. What I did was delete one element of my project and try to load it again... Until it worked....

You may need to make a bunch of files and name them sign1, sign2, sign3.... Deleting one element from each file to see what element is causing the element....

Another thing.... Try reformatting the card....

AL

wongo7p
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the help! I will try your tips next week when I get back int he office.
I did install an update in between my non-problem projects and my problem ones. Also, the problem carving is an imported image. Sorry, I did not mention that earlier.

wongo7p
01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
I deleted the file and also reformatted the card and was still getting the error.

But then I remembered the first thing I always hear when having a problem with an electronic device: turn it off, unplug it and wait for 30 seconds.

That seems to have done the trick. Do I need to do this after an update? Did I miss this while going through the tutorials? Or did I just get lucky?

Thanks again for all the help!

By the way: WHO DAT SAY DE GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?!!!