PDA

View Full Version : Need A Nudge

osia12
07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I am about 80% committed to purchasing this machine, it seem it will do what I want and more. I had hoped a few years ago that someone would come up with a machine like this. I had even bought a CNC router from (Name withheld) in hopes of being able to do some things, but it never worked out.

For small things I use a Roland EGX-20, but of course can't do anything larger than 8" x8". Didn't want to spend $ on Engravelab or Such, and have looked at Vectrics Vcarve Pro and Photo Vcarve but it has not worked with Post Processor for Roland, Rony at Vectric says they are getting a EGX-20 from roland to see if they can get it to work.

I guess what I need is a little bit of a nudge SHOVE or PUSH to convinve me that this would be a worthwhile investment, if not for profit than at least for the joy of producing professional looking things people would be pleased to display and maybe pay for.

My name is OSIA12 and I'm a CHIPOHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Salt
07-26-2006, 05:52 PM
I've had one about 5 mounths and sill think it,s great !

I,m still learning new things about the machine & software each day . The support from C / W has been the very best you could ask for. Any new machine will have a few bugs , but a lot of the bugs are just us dummys are learning to walk.
Have made many things to the amasement of everyone who sees them including me.
:wink:
All this and much more for just a few $ what more could you ask for ?

Join us and take a walk to the new side. :wink:

osia12
07-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Well I am now up to 95% (always hold back something) and I appreciate any input from users or CW Staff.

It would be hope that my inexperience and most likely over simplified questions will not wear on anyones nerves. I will see how many pennies I have in reserve, flip over every seat cushion, storage box and container; or try and remember where I hid the Plastic. But I am just about ready to commit. Which is a bit different from those who think I should be committed.

BobHill
07-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Osia,

As "Old Salt" stated, you won't find a better organization to not only back their product, but will also be of as much help to you as the guys at LHR will offer you willingly. I've certainly bugged them enough to prove that point.

I'm also a user of the C/W who wants it to do things that most other users aren't into and that's making very small detailed carvings. I'm a model wooden ship builder and the LHR team is working with me in getting cutters far smaller than current bits for carving the intricate stern carvings of models ships such as HMS Victory, USS Constitution, etc. All this while I'm still trying to learn the Designer program, albeit I'm already well versed in other vector computer graphics programs.

Great machine, and well worth tearing apart those old seat cushions. I'd also think about inviting a good group of friends to your place and be sure to seat them onto the most likely seats that might extract a little extra change from their pockets too <g>.

Bob Hill
Tampa FL

osia12
09-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Guess I better invite some people over.........I TOOK THE PLUNGE! I have elected to not have machine shipped until last week in November and am going to use the mot time I can to fmilaiarize myself with the software. Any and all help will be appreciated greatly, and I apologize in advance for any questions I ask which might cause anyone to scratch their heads or just want to strangle me. No my desire to put any stress on anyone.

BobHill
09-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Ask away, you'll get answers even from the good folks at LHR.