PDA

View Full Version : Sensor problrm

JimStaley
01-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I keep getting a message to clean board sensor, but it's clean. When I run sensor check, it shows 0 at either end and in the 50s across the board. If the sensor checks OK, why am I being told to clean it and how do I proceed?

dbfletcher
01-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I keep getting a message to clean board sensor, but it's clean. When I run sensor check, it shows 0 at either end and in the 50s across the board. If the sensor checks OK, why am I being told to clean it and how do I proceed?

What are yiour reading with white copy paper placed on the board? There are some types of wood I have used where i found it helpfull to place a strip of light colored masking tape across the width where it is measures as well as the lenght down the center. You 50 seems kinda low to me... I was thinking I normally see 80-90 with pine/oak.

Doug Fletcher

fwharris
01-20-2010, 08:33 PM
when you do he sensor check try white paper and hold it right under the sensor...

see you are back to apr 2006.. have you ever had to change it or is it the original sensor

Rapidroy
01-20-2010, 10:51 PM
That happen to me with a dark pre stained board. I ran masking tape down the center of the board and that fixed it. i carved with the tape there and it carved fine.

JimStaley
01-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks to all contributors. I ended up taping the whole board. Probably overkill, but it now works. I bought my first unit in 2006, but this is my new one with the sensor problem.

dbfletcher
01-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks to all contributors. I ended up taping the whole board. Probably overkill, but it now works. I bought my first unit in 2006, but this is my new one with the sensor problem.

Did you try the white paper test? If so what where your results from that on the sensor readings?

Doug Fletcher

liquidguitars
01-21-2010, 09:54 AM
It's good to have a spare as they go bad from vibration, also sometimes you can remove the plastic window to get a little more runtime on the part.

LG