PDA

View Full Version : 16 bit?

cestout
01-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Are patterns scanned into version 1.153 16 bit? They look sharper. I have scanned two but have not carved them yet.
Clint

TIMCOSBY
01-21-2010, 11:35 PM
but havent paid that much attention to it.

mtylerfl
01-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Are patterns scanned into version 1.153 16 bit? They look sharper. I have scanned two but have not carved them yet.
Clint

That was one of the goals of the 16-bit addition - to increase scan quality. Glad to hear you notice the difference.

cestout
01-22-2010, 03:30 PM
I take that as a yes. So I should think about rescanning some of my earlier stuff.
Thanks
Clint

mr1234
04-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Set new cpu up today, Fed Ex finally got here! Communicated with LHR and figurered out it was over my head so HP talked to my wife and some one else to give me this system. It has sixteen something in it and looks pretty when it comes on! I notice a considerable difference between my patterns! So i set here with quad jurbos running a wheel around and around.:)

CarverJerry
04-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Good luck with the new puter. I also just got myself a new HP and I really love it. I'm a fan of XP, hate Vista, but Windowsw 7 is like turbocharged XP. I have a quad core with 6 gigs of ram and a terabyte hard drive. I can run so many applications at once and it never slows down, the new screen really shows designer in a good way...I'm glad we've got the at 16 bit capibilities. Just yesterday I realized when I was scanning a project that I was only getting it to scan in normal. There is actually a "Scan Quality" setting, so I took an indicator and set it up on the X, the normal moves X at a rate of .020 (twenty thousands) and the best moves the X moves at .010 (ten thousands of an inch) and that is each time the Y reverses direction. I think this scanning might be a new nitch......what else can I scan...:rolleyes:

CJ