PDA

View Full Version : Where can I look up the code numbers. on errormessages

Angelimacdonald@yahoo.com
01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Where can I look up the Codenumbers on error messages Need to know what # 248 means. Anyone?

cnsranch
01-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Your best bet is to do a search here in the Forum, using quotation marks around the words - like this - "error 248"

You'll get your answers.

dbfletcher
01-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Where can I look up the Codenumbers on error messages Need to know what # 248 means. Anyone?

Unfortunately these numbers can change meaning with each new firmware revision also. So you will need to make note of your firmware version and the error message. But as Jerry said, your best bet is to simply ask/search on the forum.

Doug Fletcher

Angelimacdonald@yahoo.com
01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
thanks ,I will have to check to see what I can find out, It says Z track stall but I can not find the problem why. Driving me nuts. to much money in maschine not to be able to use it. I hope I can figure it out.

Digitalwoodshop
01-20-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree, the number is not that important as they are changing with ever new version of Designer. The big part of the message is what axis or what you were doing when you get the error.

There are tons of posts on Z Error mostly caused by a few common reasons... Like...

If you have the Old Z with 16 wires rather than the new 14 pin Z Bundle you can get stalling problems.

Sawdust in the Z Belt will cause a stall.

Sawdust or pitch stuck to the Z Rails or rollers will cause it....

That no man's land on the Z Rails between the bearings can cause problems as it acts like a speed bump.

If your board pops out from under one roller and pops up to meet the bit before the head expects it and this can cause a stall.

I see this is Post #4 so WELCOME. Be sure to read Tips and Tricks to help you understand the machine better.

Good Luck,

AL

( This is a Please use "Search" safe post )