PDA

View Full Version : ai2mpc in Parallels (Mac windows emulator)

Pomelle Sapele
01-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Is anyone successfully running this configuration? I am having problems.

dbfletcher
01-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Can you elaborate on your problems? I dont have a mac, but I cant imagine there being an issue. ai2mpc is dos based afterall. Does ai2mpc give you an error or you cant even get far enough to run?

Doug Fletcher

Pomelle Sapele
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Windows says it can't find the ai2mpc file. I've placed the everywhere I can think of but no luck. It can't even find it when I put it in the same folder with the command line launcher.

I imagine it is my lack of Windows knowledge that is the problem. It will probably turn out to be something simple.

dbfletcher
01-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Windows says it can't find the ai2mpc file. I've placed the everywhere I can think of but no luck. It can't even find it when I put it in the same folder with the command line launcher.

I imagine it is my lack of Windows knowledge that is the problem. It will probably turn out to be something simple.

Well.. it does have to be run from a command prompt (start/run/cmd) so after you download and unzip the ai2mpc file, open an command prompt and type "cd <whatever path you unzipped to>". It is probably easiest just to save the ai2mpc file or the root of "C:", rname name it to just ai2mpc.zip and then unzip it. then that command you would type in the command problem would be "cd \ai2mpc".. you can then run he ai2mpc command from there... "ai2mpc sourcefile.ai outputfile.mpc" with any option you might want.

Hope that helps,

Doug Fletcher

Pomelle Sapele
01-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks, Doug. That did the trick - it's been twenty years since I have typed in DOS commands :eek: I had the path wrong, and I also forgot to save the .ai file as ver. 8 compatible.