PDA

View Full Version : Another Version of the Tea Box

dkarcher
01-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Here is a box I made for my mom for Christmas. The sides are from Michael's (mtylerfl) Tea Box POM. This was an collaborative project with my wife who did the cross stitch. The box is made of maple with satin poly finish and Red flocking for the inside.

Fardoche
01-19-2010, 07:59 PM
It's a killer work!!

really nice!!!

I love tea box!

Here is a box I made for my mom for Christmas. The sides are from Michael's (mtylerfl) Tea Box POM. This was an collaborative project with my wife who did the cross stitch. The box is made of maple with satin poly finish and Red flocking for the inside.

robbrigg2
01-19-2010, 09:16 PM
That is AWESOME... fantastic job... you and your wife should be proud!

eelamb
01-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Dennis, great tea box, nice work.

racer
01-19-2010, 10:11 PM
The is great and your wife did a great job on the center good team work,
Can you tell the size . Racer

mtylerfl
01-19-2010, 10:48 PM

WOW, Dennis - that is simply stunning! That is a real SHOWPIECE!

I am really looking forward to seeing more of your projects. Congrats on a fantastic job!

SharonB
01-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Dennis....your box is one of the nicest projects I've seen in a long time. I really like the idea of combining the two different types of art. The two projects blends so will with each other.

I think Michael's tea box pattern has lended its self to several very unique projects by form members and yours is right there on top. SharonB

Griz64
01-20-2010, 02:07 AM
I LOVE IT. Very nice

RayTrek
01-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Exceptional wood and cross stitch collaboration, and outstanding project layout and finish.
I also look forward to seeing more of your projects.
Thank you for sharing.
Cheers ~ Ray

dkarcher
01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for looking and the wonderful comments.
I have made a lot of the round notions boxes from walnut and lined them as well. They are a big hit with everyone I show them too (at least that's what they tell me :rolleyes:).

I am still having to work a regular job so I only get to do my crafting on weekends. Plus, I have to share my Carvewright time with my other passion, wood turning. If I can organize my projects, I can usually do both the same time, turning a Pen or Ice Cream Scoop while a plaque or box is being carved. (All this started in just the last 2 years).

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks again for the comments.
I will post more of my projects later!:mrgreen:

HillbillyBill
01-31-2010, 09:11 AM
I really like the weaved sides. Very nice.