PDA

View Full Version : Free Vector Art 3D Models

JamesB
07-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Attached to this message are two models in the CarveWright PTN format (zipped). These are two free samples from our 3D clipart website www.vectorart3d.com. I know there has been some interest in our products on this forum and we are currently figuring out support for carvwright file format on our website. I expect to know how we will do this in the next week or two. I will try to keep you updated here on the forum but for those interested you might want to register with the mailing list on our website. In the meantime I thought I would convert these and post them here for you all to use. I have also posted the jpeg images so you can see what you are downloading.

Any questions please email me. Thanks,
James Booth

Aaron B
07-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the files its really apprecitated. Hope you guys do get the conversion thing worked out because there are some 3d files on your site I would like to get sometime.

Old Salt
07-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the sample will give a run . Your patterns look great hope you make it work , I check out your site often

cajunpen
07-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Can't figure what I am doing wrong - I can' get the free 3D items to work. I unzipped them, but when I try to open the Lilly or Fluer de Lis I get a message indicating that the file is corrupted or not able to be opened by the CW Software. I suspect that I am doing something wrong, how did you guys get them to open and use?

Also, thanks James - I can promise you, once I get this figured out and your carvings are readily available - I will be a regular customer :D

Aaron B
07-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Can't figure what I am doing wrong - I can' get the free 3D items to work. I unzipped them, but when I try to open the Lilly or Fluer de Lis I get a message indicating that the file is corrupted or not able to be opened by the CW Software. I suspect that I am doing something wrong, how did you guys get them to open and use?

Also, thanks James - I can promise you, once I get this figured out and your carvings are readily available - I will be a regular customer :D

Just checking did you already import them into into your favorites in the patterns section?

cajunpen
07-23-2006, 02:07 PM
No, what I am getting from the download is a .ptn format. The CW software won't allow me to import that file format. I have imported several other images - just can't get these two to import.

Matty
07-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Bill, check this post out
http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1029&highlight=&sid=255d6d510f327a812424e70255a66fdd#1029

Matty

Aaron B
07-23-2006, 04:17 PM
That .ptn file is what you need, but Matty's link will show you a picture of how to get it into the library.

cajunpen
07-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks Aaron and Matty - I got it now, appreciate the help.
Going to make some chips tomorrow - let you all know how they come out. I am really anxious to get some of James' work to try. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

JamesB
07-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Bill, glad you got it sorted (with some help from the good people on the forum). I am currently waiting to hear from our web guys what it will take to add the PTN format to the website. I'll keep you posted.

One thing I found when looking at the CarveWirght software is that you will probably get best results using BEST bit optimization for our parts. More news as I have it, please post and let me know how the parts turn out. Thanks, James

bobreda
07-25-2006, 11:45 AM
I can attest to the type of work James does. He did a job for me that turned out great! I was very pleased with his effort, and honestly, I didn't think the carvewright was up to the challenge, but as usual I was wrong on that count. I would not hesitate to have James do furture artwork for me. I just hope, he and the CW people can get together for some really nice artwork.

Bob

Aaron B
08-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Any news on CW software and Vector Art being compatable yet?

JamesB
09-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Sorry no news yet - still waiting to deciede the best method to convert our models to the PTN format - there is some progress though as when we figure that out the site is now ready to support them. We may actually end up with a DVD collection of some animal models before we have PTN files for the whole site. If so I will keep you updated, sorry for the sporadic news - I hope to have more soon, thanks for your continued interest.
James

JamesB
10-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Good News. The Vector Art 3D website now supports the PTN file format for CarveWright Designer. All our models can be purchased and downloaded for use with your machines. Take a look at http://www.vectorart3d.com - thanks for your patience waiting for us to do this and thanks to Britt for his help! - Cheers, James

Aaron B
10-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Thank you. That will be a great help.