PDA

View Full Version : Calibration Plate

gomjabar
01-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Flipping Rotating Calibration Plate. Has anyone had this "far" side plate refuse to "flip" out? Mine's stuck! It attempts to place itself under the bit, but refuses to do so. I have to use a stick to place it under the bit. CarvreWright told me it was my firmware, and to format my card. Did so.. Problem persists. Any help? By the way, my machine's immaculate.

LollyWood
01-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Mine does that from time to time. IAfter cleaning, I put a drop or 2 of 3n1 oil at the top of the spring, then work it in good. Works like a champ then. :)

Griz64
01-17-2010, 12:30 AM
100 % agree with LollyWood. Other than the fact that i give it a quick squirt of wd-40. I have noticed that mine seems to do it a little more when its colder than say 55 in the shop. Dunno if its cold in your neck of the woods but give it some 3 in 1 or wd-40.....or anything with numbers in it..ok just kidding about the numbers thing. But give it a shot and see what happens...keep us posted

rjustice
01-17-2010, 09:42 AM
There is also a point of friction between the "Z" truck, and the bit plate. My bit plate had a rough spot on it where the Z truck hits, i smoothed it down with a honing stone, then put a touch of lube on that spot. It made a huge difference.

Hope this helps...

Ron

Digitalwoodshop
01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Many of us just prop a piece of foam behind the Bit plate and tape it.

Yes, I could do all the things listed above but I made a choice 3 years ago to block all my machines out. I do watch the bit touch the plate every time and I recommend everyone do the same.

Unless you do a 14.5 inch wide board it is not in the way.

Good Luck,

AL

Kenm810
01-17-2010, 01:17 PM
I had the same problem a few years ago,
I saw it was similar to the one FWHarris
had a while back. --Take a look
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=116145&postcount=12

Digitalwoodshop
01-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Ken is right.... The Wires for the Cut Motor Right side cover switch when out of place hit the Z Motor Cooling Fins and prevent the Y Truck from reaching the furthest right travel and pushing out the Bit Plate....

Good Call Ken....

AL

Lobo
01-21-2010, 06:49 AM
I had a problem like that. As well, I kept getting z-axis stalls. It turned out that I had somehow (vigorous vacuuming, maybe?) pulled the wires and connectors from the cover switch into the way of the y-truck. (Look over into the far right corner where the truck moves to activate the bit touch plate.) I taped the wires back against the wall, and the problems -- plate not swinging out, and z-axis stall -- both seem to be gone!