PDA

View Full Version : More Power Fluctuation

leroy
01-15-2010, 09:14 AM
I had been having problems with my machine giving Power Fluctuation errors when measuring boards . I installed a new power supply on as suggested by LHR with no change then put in the new controller and had the same problem. This only happened when the Y truck was moving across the board to measure it. I felt like there might be a problem with that truck. When I moved it across by hand I could feel just a little jerk sometimes. I took the Servo & gear head out and found that saw dust had gotten behind the clear plastic dust shield. This was binding the gears in the gear head. I cleaned this and have not had any more problems. Thought this might be helpful to someone having this type problem. I guess this added enough extra load to cause the error massage. Has anyone else had or heard of this happening?

Now I got to get LHR to let me return the new controller.

cnsranch
01-15-2010, 09:50 AM
That's good to know - I do know that you should have the machine turned off when manually moving the truck so you don't have any resistance created by the electronics - if it's turned off, and you feel resistance, you've got something wrong.

leroy
01-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Thats true, I think LHR needs to relook the dust sheild it shouldn't let that happen

Digitalwoodshop
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
It takes a little time for the power supply to bleed down so you can have resistance for 30 seconds or more.... Then free travel.

AL

JDPratt
01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I had been having problems with my machine giving Power Fluctuation errors when measuring boards . I installed a new power supply on as suggested by LHR with no change then put in the new controller and had the same problem. This only happened when the Y truck was moving across the board to measure it. I felt like there might be a problem with that truck. When I moved it across by hand I could feel just a little jerk sometimes. I took the Servo & gear head out and found that saw dust had gotten behind the clear plastic dust shield. This was binding the gears in the gear head. I cleaned this and have not had any more problems. Thought this might be helpful to someone having this type problem. I guess this added enough extra load to cause the error massage. Has anyone else had or heard of this happening?

Now I got to get LHR to let me return the new controller.

I continue to be amazed at he level you guys break this machine down. My hat is definitely off to you for having this level of expertise. Lord knows how us mere mortals would fair without the knowlege you guys give. Then again, I am not sure I could conceive of attempting some of these repairs even having them explained by you who have that level of expertise and courage to try.

cnsranch
01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah, AW loses me after about 5 seconds :rolleyes: