PDA

View Full Version : Lets try this again

Johnny49
01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
I was getting z stalls on my machine which stopped the project. The thing is I wasn't present when the machine cut off.
Today I stayed with the machine to see if I could figure it out.
Come to find out, the cutting motor started power fluctuating, mostly when the Z-truck was fully extended to the right side. The motor would then stop completely, but the program continued as if still cutting.

I tried everything suggested posted on the forum with no effect.
I finally took the cover off cleaned all the dust, checked all the connections and put it back together. Now when starting a carve project everything sets up fine except the motor doesn't work at all.

I was looking for a new motor to see if that works however I can't find anyone that sells them. I gess I have to call customer service to order one?

I'm getting frustrated, but it's like working on your favorite toy.

Anybody have help for me????

DocWheeler
01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Johnny,

Sounds to me like the Y truck was hitting the cut motor switch wires. Check the two connectors to see if it unplugged either of them.

liquidguitars
01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
If you hear a loud grinding noise the pulley could be slipping. Check for loose screws 2 ea holding the z motor to the motors base. You will need to remove the z pack to see them..

LG

Digitalwoodshop
01-14-2010, 08:37 PM
You must first determine if you have a old Z or the new Z.... The old 16 pin Cable for the Y and Z had a problem with Z Stalling due to the thin wires.

A 14 pin heavier wires in part of the New Z Bundle.

Search "Z Bundle" to see lots of pictures I have posted.

Know what version you have before you call LHR.

AL