PDA

View Full Version : Raster Lettering

ruffus
01-13-2010, 07:30 PM
I have a question maybe you can help me, while cutting OUTLINE lettering tonight the depth was changing from one side of a letter to the other. In other words the first cut on the letter (lets say the R) would be ok
.125 then as the cut progressed it kept getting shallower as to the point of almost nothing. I have been using the 60* V and never had this trouble. Got any Ideas?

fwharris
01-13-2010, 07:36 PM
A picture is worth a 1000 words if you get the meaning!! could be bit is loose in the adapter..

Also noticed you said raster text and 60* bit. Normal raster text bit is the 1/16" carving bit...

AskBud
01-13-2010, 07:38 PM
I have a question maybe you can help me, while cutting raster lettering tonight the depth was changing from one side of a letter to the other. In other words the first cut on the letter (lets say the R) would be ok
.125 then as the cut progressed it kept getting shallower as to the point of almost nothing. I have been using the 60* V and never had this trouble. Got any Ideas?

I think it would be good to see your MPC.
Raster text is usually done with the Raster (1/16' Tapered Carving Bit), not the V-bits.
AskBud

fwharris
01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I think it would be good to see your MPC.
Raster text is usually done with the Raster (1/16' Tapered Carving Bit), not the V-bits.
AskBud

Got to love it when we come up with the same answers!!:mrgreen: