PDA

View Full Version : Import PNG file

Gunnar
01-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Hello all,

I imported a file from visio as a .pmg and now I'd like to take it apart (into it's pieces) using carvewright's software. Is this possible? Or, how can I get carvewright to see this as a closed pattern so that I can simply cut it out (not carve). FYI - it looks like a wagon wheel.

Can someone help?

Gunnar

TIMCOSBY
01-13-2010, 08:18 PM
the pattern editor add on to erase parts of it or any graphics program will do it. not sure about your second ? but welcome to the forum and the carving maddness that will soon set in.

CarverJerry
01-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm new to this also but is it the pattern editor the program that comes with the probe? Is it sold seperately?

dbfletcher
01-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm new to this also but is it the pattern editor the program that comes with the probe? Is it sold seperately?

Yes to both. It comes with the probe... but is also available to be purchaed seperately.

Doug Fletcher

bjbethke
01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Hello all,

I imported a file from visio as a .pmg and now I'd like to take it apart (into it's pieces) using carvewright's software. Is this possible? Or, how can I get carvewright to see this as a closed pattern so that I can simply cut it out (not carve). FYI - it looks like a wagon wheel.

Can someone help?

Gunnar
Not sure what you are trying to do!

It looks like the Visio program is used to make Charts. Flow charts and ECT. Are you talking about a Pie Chart? (Wagon wheel)

A PNG file is a BITMAP Raster format I think you would need to change to a vector image. You can redraw the image in the CW Designer program, but that will be just the vector outline and not the data

You could use Corel or Illustrator and use the SVG format (Scalable Vector Graphics).

Can you post an image of what you are trying to do?