PDA

View Full Version : Power Fluctuation Problems

leroy
01-12-2010, 09:19 AM
My machine keeps giving me a Power Fluctuation Message. It only does this when it starts to measure the board, usually width. I replaced the power supply, which made no difference. I also have checked the wiring and can’t find anything wrong. I do have good constant power to the machine. The machine is about 2.5 years old and well maintained. This problem started about six months ago and has gotten so bad I can’t get the machine to run. Carve Wright says check wiring and beyond that they want me to subscribe to there support program. I think it’s time to get it fixed or use it for a boat anchor. Can anyone help or give me some ideas on what to do next.

c6craig
01-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I had the same issues and a new power supply didnt fix my issue either. It ended up being the controller board. My suggestion would be to send both the power supply and controller to LHR and have them checked. If they sold you a power supply that you didn't need it should be credited towards the controller.

Good luck,
Craig

leroy
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
It seems this only happens when the board is around 10" or wider, did yours do that?

c6craig
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
No, mine did it at random at first, I could keep hitting continue and it would go for another minute and then give the error again. It got worse and worse until it wouldn't go at all. It didn't seem to matter the project or board size.

Craig

leroy
01-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks, I just took the bottom off and recleaned all the connections and it's working right now! I hope to find the problem without having to pay $25.00 just for LHR to answer a question. I have a hard time with that. I is out of warranty but that seems a little rich.

c6craig
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
That's great news! Maybe something was just loose or dirty from when you replaced the power supply.

Good luck and happy carving!

Craig

leroy
01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks
We will see!

leroy
01-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Just let let you know, LHR is sending a new controler. We think that will fix it. Thanks for your help Craig

Digitalwoodshop
01-13-2010, 11:15 AM
I bet the problem was the switch wires.... If it happens again, with the unit unplugged, take pliers and gently squeeze the crimp connectors on the switch wires.

AL