PDA

View Full Version : where should i check next

temler
01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
OK my machine will not turn on, that not really true there is no display and no row of black boxes when card is out and nothing when card is in. I have never had this machine running, it is a recondition one.
have checked rocker SW,
checked lid SWs
checked power supplies out put, have both 24 and 5 volts dc
checked all cables.
checked continuity in all wires not ribbon cables. all wires ok.
If you lift lid and shut it a couple times once in a while the motor will start for a second on then right off. Kind of like what happens if you put your probe in and forget to take the flex cable out and you rip of the wires out of the probe, and how do i know that, ??????:confused:

OK what is the next test you guys would do? I will continue testing everything until i hear from you all. no I will go to bed and read you comments in the morning, been up since 4am so it is time. I am going to draw my own wiring diagram for this thing, as anyone started on this yet. i know you can't get one from either CC or CW I have tried. So if they won't give me one I will have to make my own, that should be fun.

Machine was shipped and a big box in side another box, shipped on it side, shipped with a lot of packing material, like peanuts, air bags, rolled up bubble wrap, and then the one box was put in on its side inside the other and then more packing around it, and then tons of duct tape, Sears best packing job.

Thanks all
Tim

dbfletcher
01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I assume you have check the contrast settings on the display. Did you tyr ot do any of the fuctions from the keypad ... such a measure board? Maybe u just have a bad display?

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Do you have 2 machines? You can swap parts..

With the machine laying on it's back, muffler side, do you get a display? If yes, then a L2 problem.

As for the motor starting for a second with the cover open and close was a broken C1 on the X Termination Board.

AL

temler
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Do you have 2 machines? You can swap parts..

With the machine laying on it's back, muffler side, do you get a display? If yes, then a L2 problem.

As for the motor starting for a second with the cover open and close was a broken C1 on the X Termination Board.

AL

Thank all

I am not sure what the problem was for sure, i check everything Al suggested and nothing, and then i decided since the machine had been sitting for almost 2 years i would go through all connection and shine them up. So i used a pencil eraser and shined and cleaned all cable and connector in the whole machine. put them all back together and it works fine and dandy, lid sw still bad (just bypassed it) but i knew that when i bought it from Sears, they said the repair told them to do this a couple years ago so they could continue using the machine for Demo that Christmas, got a couple new sw ordered. Can't get probe to work or even test in senors test, as the old axis package, has never been upgraded. This maybe strange but the 16 pin ribbon cable look like its been flipped around but i am not sure why that would be. So tomorrow I will have to trace the probe circuit. Can you help with what goes where on that one? Can you switch the probe to the cover connector instead of the truck connector with out doing the upgrade and will it work?
Thanks
Tim

Digitalwoodshop
01-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Good you got it going.

No you can't just switch to the cover for the Probe. The thin ribbon cable on the Z Truck might be bad that is why the probe won't work.

The New Z Bundle has 14 wires and is better. I makes changes to the boards on both ends. If you ever order the 16 pin cable you will most likely get a 14 pin cable. Look Close.... Install a 14 pin cable in a 16 pin socket and it will short some conductors out. One guy did on here.... Had to send the machine back I believe.. It was dead.... The Tech never asked if he had the 16 pin system and just sent a 14 pin.... Hope he added that question to the Tech Play Book.

The 16 pin will likely start giving you a Z Stall or Drive the bit into the wood to the limit and stall..... That is the symptom of the 16 pin lower current capable FSC Cable.

Good Luck,

AL