PDA

View Full Version : STL software

djarboe
01-08-2010, 06:19 PM
While I have been considering this, I am dismayed by the "finality" of the purchase. On any other online software purchase, the user generally has some trial time. After all, we can try a pattern first before buying it, right?

Actually, most other online software have a trial "try out" time, after which the software ceases to work. Great marketing idea. So, this should make anyone that has worked with software other than Carvewright a bit leery... as I am, considering the cost and the infinite bugs in their previous software.

I really want to try this, but there seems to be a rather low level of CarveWright online concern with problems that, well... is not their problem, since they already have my money. The best help comes from this fantastic user group, not CarveWright. When CarveWright does post, it seems to be to tell users how they have messed up, and how CarveWright is always right.

I have yet to be convinced that this is worth the money. Everyone has different applications, and the promos/videos don't address everyone.

I'm sure this post will elicit many flames from those that love CarveWright. Don't get me wrong. I love my machine's capabilities, but $300 for software that I can't try before I buy is just... hmm... questionable. If it is so good, why make all sales final without a trial period????????