PDA

View Full Version : Doing jobs for those without a carver

Phil
01-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi-

First post, and I just stumbled across the news of the Carvewright/CompuCarve and its ability to carve layers of wood according to a 3D file (STL, Sketchup, etc).

Is there anyone in this forum who does jobs for those of us who do not have a Carvewright?

Also please bear in mind, my projects are hobby (not professional work, per se), and I am just at the beginning of finding out how to have things carved/machined, and am ignorant of the pricing, time involved in setting up files, shop time to have something carved, etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated-

Thanks-

dbfletcher
01-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi-

First post, and I just stumbled across the news of the Carvewright/CompuCarve and its ability to carve layers of wood according to a 3D file (STL, Sketchup, etc).

Is there anyone in this forum who does jobs for those of us who do not have a Carvewright?

Also please bear in mind, my projects are hobby (not professional work, per se), and I am just at the beginning of finding out how to have things carved/machined, and am ignorant of the pricing, time involved in setting up files, shop time to have something carved, etc.

Thanks-

There are several member who use there machines for income generating, but I think most of us just use it as a hobbiest device. Can you let us know where geographically youare located? Perhaps someone close to you can run a couple of samples for you so you can better see what is involved.

Doug Fletcher

robbrigg2
01-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi-

Thanks-

I do... as do others

Phil
01-08-2010, 12:01 AM
North of Boston, MA.

Any members live in this area (MA, southern NH)?

There are several member who use there machines for income generating, but I think most of us just use it as a hobbiest device. Can you let us know where geographically youare located? Perhaps someone close to you can run a couple of samples for you so you can better see what is involved.

Doug Fletcher