PDA

View Full Version : Request for software improvement

pkunk
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
It's probably fairly simple to do. Instead of a percent done on the LCD read out, could we have a time/time remaining sorta like when you upload to the card you have the time? If you don't write it down (and have a short memory like me), it's difficult to tell a client (eho's watching & waiting) how much time is left. Thanks

cmorlier
07-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi Paul,

I think that is a good idea. The current percentage system certainly isn't ideal. We will take a look at it, but I can't make any promises yet on when it will be available.

Randy in Minn
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
It's probably fairly simple to do. Instead of a percent done on the LCD read out, could we have a time/time remaining sorta like when you upload to the card you have the time? If you don't write it down (and have a short memory like me), it's difficult to tell a client (eho's watching & waiting) how much time is left. Thanks

yeah what Paul said and I would add if resonable the WHOLE job. I am a relative newbie but I seem to notice that I get a % of project done showing but only for carvings. When it is using a V bit to engrave letters for instance, it just says something like 'routing figure'. No precentages left. I would think that if the PC program can tell you how long it will take to do a job when you load the memory card, that it could just be a countdown from that figure.

Jeff
07-14-2006, 02:29 PM
I would also like a way of calculating the carving time without going through the upload process. I tend to leave my memory card in the CW and, when playing in designer, I just want to get an idea of the carving time. So, I have to go out to the shop... (Hey, I'm lazy! And, I've got the gut to prove it!)

Jeff

cmorlier
07-14-2006, 03:29 PM
It is on our list.