PDA

View Full Version : cut path problems

uabrother198
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Ok here we go again. I'm carving round coasters' and the machine will carve the patterns perfectly, but when it starts to cut them out it will drift off the circle buy a quarter of an inch. The boards are jointed, square and not cupped. I have the o'ring on the brass roller, and I am using masking tape on that side. My head pressure is running at 79 lbs. I even tried to reformat my card to see if that would help, but it didn't. Any ideas? :confused:

Digitalwoodshop
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM
In what direction are they drifting? Y or X....

Y.... Check the screw on top of the right Y pulley covering the Cut Motor electrical box... With the cold weather I had a screw loose.... Did I just Admit that?..... Sure... The Screw holding the pulley on the right was loose and I heard it skip a tooth on the Y and caught it before it cut wrong on the board. A Dull bit can cause this too.... What is your depth of cut.... Try doing it in three .27 passes if that will work...

X..... Even with masking tape on the Brass Roller some smooth hard boards slip on the sand paper belts.... 2 strips of masking tape on the board helps...

Bumping into a high outfeed table? Wood under the Rollers all the time?

I am on Night Shift if you need anything else.:roll:

Good Luck,

AL:mrgreen:

Just looked and this is your 4th post... I am betting the board came out from under the rollers......? 7 inch rule of wood?

Tips and Tricks might help too.... A Sled.....

uabrother198
01-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I checked the screw you mentioned. I'm glad to say I don't have any screws loose..... yet.lol. I am using the 7 inch rule, and I have carved this same pattern many times with no problems. The project is on a 1x6x24 pine board. It is four coasters 3 5/8 diameter spaced 1/2 inch apart. It drifts in the X-axis only, because it starts to cut in the right spot on the Y axis