PDA

View Full Version : Help with this artwork, please.

Shacky
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I have struggled with this for quite a while and don't know how to do it.

I want to be able to carve the attached artwork, but JUST the attached artwork, not the square around it.

Everytime I carve it, it has that square field around it about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch deep. I assume I want it to be a vector?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Scott

fwharris
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Scott,
The square around it is the background. You can remove it in either the pattern editor or your image editing software.

TerryT
01-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Not sure if this is what you wanted.

Kenm810
01-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Scott,

There's lots of ways to do it
eliminating the background color
is just one, Swapping out colors is another.

The why I did mine was quick and easy
I opened your Graphic as a png and cropped it to size,
then highlighted the background and erased it. Saved
it to my Desk top and imported the png into designer, that it.
lol took less time than it did for me to type this explanation. :wink:

dbfletcher
01-04-2010, 08:53 PM

I want to be able to carve the attached artwork, but JUST the attached artwork, not the square around it.

Everytime I carve it, it has that square field around it about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch deep. I assume I want it to be a vector?

Scott

Here is a quick trace in designer. Not sure if it is what u were looking for.. but it was quick.

Doug Fletcher

Shacky
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks so much, gentlemen. I know that I will able to use all of these on future projects, but the one that I think will work best for what I'm working on right now is Ken's.

Could Doug's outline carve well as a centerline font?

Now, if you feel like it and get the time, please let me know how you did it. I have designer, Illustrator,Vector Magic and more. I guess I just need more expertise and less software.

andes
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Try this, see if this is what you are looking for.

Scott

AskBud
01-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Here is a Vector only edition.
AskBud

Shacky
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I have an embarrassment of riches. Thank you again everybody. I can complete my design and carve tomorrow.

TIMCOSBY
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
background or make it transparent. if the background is gone you will see a checkerboard pattern where it used to be.

Kenm810
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Like Tim just mentioned,
It will look something like this when the Background is erased or removed.
Then save it as a png file to import into designer.

Shacky
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Ok, I must be dense or something...I am not understanding yet.

Step by step, please...how do you remove the background?

I have another image with the same deal and I am hoping I can learn to do it myself instead of asking for help every time.

(Although, I have another unrelated question for that project.)

Ike
01-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Ok, I must be dense or something...I am not understanding yet.

Step by step, please...how do you remove the background?

I have another image with the same deal and I am hoping I can learn to do it myself instead of asking for help every time.

(Although, I have another unrelated question for that project.)

Scott do you have Corel Draw or any program like it? First is this is what looking for?

If so in the designer you can upload and use the lower arrow until the box is gone. Plus with Corel you need to convert the pattern to bitmap and do a trace then some blur etc. If you have the program you know if not I can list all the steps and it will be foreign! to you!

Still just importing it to designer you can use the lower arrow and remove the background, Then if you have pattern editor you can remove the background.

I am more then happy to help if you need some.

Ike

Shacky
01-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Scott do you have Corel Draw or any program like it? First is this is what looking for?

If so in the designer you can upload and use the lower arrow until the box is gone. Plus with Corel you need to convert the pattern to bitmap and do a trace then some blur etc. If you have the program you know if not I can list all the steps and it will be foreign! to you!

Still just importing it to designer you can use the lower arrow and remove the background, Then if you have pattern editor you can remove the background.

I am more then happy to help if you need some.

Ike

I have Illustrator and Vector Magic. Yes, that is what I am looking for. I want to get rid of the square field that often accompanies clip art and just print the actual art. I can get Corel Draw if that's what I need.

TIMCOSBY
01-06-2010, 10:02 PM
out of the color you want to get rid of and hit delete. a selection will have the dashed lines around it. if it erases the wrong stuff make it again and invert the selection.

Pomelle Sapele
01-07-2010, 02:52 AM
I have Illustrator and Vector Magic. Yes, that is what I am looking for. I want to get rid of the square field that often accompanies clip art and just print the actual art. I can get Corel Draw if that's what I need.

Make sure everything is ungrouped and unselected. Select any part of the background with the object selection tool (clear arrow) and hit delete.

If everything disappears either you did not ungroup enough or you used the wrong selection tool.