PDA

View Full Version : cut path question

mikehumphrey
01-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I am creating a pattern with "lines and arches" and can not activate the cut path tool. How do I know when my figures are "closed"? And when it is closed is this going to give me access to the cut path tool?

Mike.

AskBud
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I am creating a pattern with "lines and arches" and can not activate the cut path tool. How do I know when my figures are "closed"? And when it is closed is this going to give me access to the cut path tool?

Mike.

You will know when one RED dot connects to the next RED dot, as it GLOWS. Once all points connect, you will have a "Closed figure" and you should see the Cut-path Icon activate.

Sounds like a good AVI lesson.
AskBud

Chief
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Bud,

Indeed, it does sound like a good subject for another short avi file. I was waiting for someone to answer as I don't recall ever reading anything regarding "connecting the dots" in any official LHR manual.

Chief

AskBud
01-02-2010, 07:46 PM
You will know when one RED dot connects to the next RED dot, as it GLOWS. Once all points connect, you will have a "Closed figure" and you should see the Cut-path Icon activate.

Sounds like a good AVI lesson.
AskBud

The new 5.53 MB AVI lesson on "Closed Figures - Using Arcs and Lines" is now available.
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Closed%20Figure%20Using%20Arcs%20and%20Lines.zip

Chief
01-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Bud,

28 minutes to make a lesson movie? What took you so long?

Chief