PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Pattern .ptn File after downloading "try" version.... error

cpd3020
01-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this and I'm very computer literate. I downloaded the "try" version of the American Eagle pattern. I played around with it and decided that I wanted to then purchase it. I erased the original "try" version from my computer, and the link in "Favorites" for patterns.

I then paid for and downloaded the $15.00 version, re-opened the pattern and saved it to my "Favorites" folder. It still shows up red and will not allow me to upload my project for carving.

Anybody else run into this? How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Shane

cpd3020
01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
The instructions that come along with the purchase of the pattern tell you to open up the new pattern, the import it, then save it. It then says to go to the "manage licenses" under the help menu. I did that and did the "update licenses" and it didn't find anything.

I had to go to http://www.carvewright.com/register? and log in. Then take the registration code that was included inside the e-mail into the "Enter Activation ID" on their website. Once I did that, it added the pattern to my account on the webpage.

I then went back to "manage licenses" under "help" inside the software and it then found it and allowed me to activate it.......

Though someone else might have this problem. Don't know if its exclusive to when you "try" one before you buy or not... this is the first one I've bought.

Have a good one!

fwharris
01-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Shane,

Good job in figuring it out!! That is the normal process for patterns and projects you buy from the Pattern Depot. The file has some type of license code attached to it and it makes it associated to your computer only. Or at least something like that..LOL