PDA

View Full Version : making a clock face

Dan-Woodman
07-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Does anyone know of a way to divide a circle , oval, square ,etc into equal degrees for making a clock face with only the cw software?

azunino
07-08-2006, 12:04 AM
I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for....

If you center the face of your clock on the workpiece, you can add lines at 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150 degrees. Center each line on the workboard (i.e, Layout, Center, Center Both). That will put the midpoint of each line on the center of the workpiece, and divide your clockface where each number would go. Once you've designed your clock you can remove the lines.

Check out the attached file to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Dan-Woodman
07-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks , thats the way I do it ,but I don't see where there are any degree markings between the lines.
However, there does seem to be twelve dashed lines per quarter cicle ,so you could divide it up that way.

azunino
07-08-2006, 11:35 AM
The "degrees" for each line are entered using "Angle". You can draw a line on your project, center it, then set the angle at 30, 60, etc. That will set them at the proper angle for each number. Hope this helps.

Dan-Woodman
07-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks so much , this much computor time is new to me . I'm used to making sawdust with power tools, not computors. Thanks to all

Aaron B
07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Also if you draw two line and they are connected and linked together the angle will show up when you click on the item and both lines highlight.