PDA

View Full Version : Can Carvewright tune my machine up?

cwestwood
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
I have had my machine for several years. For a long time, I have had problems with the machine accurately measuring board length. It can read up to 8 inches short on a 40 inch long board. I have tried as many of the tips posted on the forum I can find and none seem to work (tape on board, adjust head pressure, o-ring on brass wheel, replaced entire tracking sensor (brass wheel sensor), changed board, etc...). The machine will not recalibrate, keeps giving me errors.

It has been a while since I tried most of this stuff and I finally got frustrated and stopped using the machine. Quite frankly, I dont feel much like calling carvewright and spending hours juggling my phone while taking the machine apart. Does anyone know if I can just ship my machine back to them and have them run the machine through some diagnostics and fix this problem and anything else they find? I'm pretty sure the machine is out of the 200 hour warranty period, so any idea how much something like this will cost? Thanks, Craig

Kenm810
12-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi Craig,

I believe I bought my machine a few months before you did and had some issues and couple problems with it the first year.
I sent it back to Texas a couple time for repairs under warranty, they fixed it up and paid the shipping both ways, the service was excellent.
About a year and a half ago a couple of part broke or wore out plus some new improved cables and carving heads became available.
I called CW and asked if I could ship my machine in for repairs and updates, the tech I spoke to said yes and asked for the list of problems I was having and when and what the machine was doing when I had the problems happened, Plus he gave me a list of the upgrades that were suggested and what they might cost.
A few days after I sent the machine in, I got an Email with the cost of the repairs and the new parts plus the return shipping.
I call the same day with the go a head, by Tuesday the next week I was back to carving.
I've had machine apart several times for Switches, Belts, Drive Motors, Gears and Cleaning before and after its last trip to Texas,
and have no problems repairing or working on my Carver, but it did feel good to have the tech's at LHR go over it after the warrenty had expired.

Ps. My machine is a CompuCarve from Sears, and LHR has always given me the same good service as they've given the owners of the CarveWright Machines.