PDA

View Full Version : extra parts i don't know where they go

temler
12-30-2009, 05:02 AM
HELP
I open the right side of my machine, the side without the key pad, to replace the gears, I found a bunch of saw dust(will not be as bad now since i got my front DC built and working), and I found 2 not just 1 but 2 washers, they are flat washers, real thin, 3/4" od and almost 9/16 ID. not even a 1/32 think. I guess i could do that in mm just in case. 1.9mm OD X 1.4mm ID this is with a ruler and not my calipers, they are in the real shop and i can't get the chair there right now too much mud and now ice and tomorrow mud. So this is as close as i can get it but you get the idea, they were just laying in the side there one in front of the plastic cover that you take off to replace the gears (if they ever get here, my fault I should of had a set here). and one closer to the front of the machine found just before i start to vacuum out the saw dust I am glad i decided to sift through the sawdust first, but now i am pulling out my hair because i can't find where they go, I look and look and they just don't come from anywhere. I got the one that go on the bolts that hold the top of the side cover(they are a different size) Any ideas where they came from, I don't want to put it back together with out them in they are needed. could the go on top of the Vertical Guide Rods, I don't see that they are to have any on top before the cover is installed. Help I don't know what to do.
Thanks all
Tim
I wish this thing had a spell checker. :confused:

AskBud
12-30-2009, 05:19 AM
I wish this thing had a spell checker. :confused:
Try this link.
AskBud
http://www.iespell.com/

temler
12-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Thanks bud for the spell checker, does it work with Firefox instead of IE
Thanks again for all your info, I love the dust collector i made with your plans.
Thanks
Tim

AskBud
12-30-2009, 05:55 AM
Thanks bud for the spell checker, does it work with Firefox instead of IE
Thanks again for all your info, I love the dust collector i made with your plans.
Thanks
Tim

I'm not sure about Firefox, someone else will have to answer that.

Thanks for the good review on the "CW Vacuum Head Project".
AskBud

PCW
12-30-2009, 08:02 AM
HELP
I open the right side of my machine, the side without the key pad, to replace the gears, I found a bunch of saw dust(will not be as bad now since i got my front DC built and working), and I found 2 not just 1 but 2 washers, they are flat washers, real thin, 3/4" od and almost 9/16 ID. not even a 1/32 think. :confused:

Tim,

Those two washers/shims go between the top right cover and the round vertical guides. They will set on top of the round vertical guides and the cover will go on top of them. One on each post.

shotgun 6
12-30-2009, 08:38 AM
I had a similar experience -- had the right side panel off to replace y-truck bearings and was cleaning up some minor dust when my house vac picked up something. I caught it and it was a flat, thin washer on the front post. I checked the back post and found two lying on top of the post. I've looked all over for the possilby missing one including the dust collecter bag but no luck. I took off the left panel and there were NO waashers on the posts. I can't see any use for them unless they cover therubber pad-like insert in the posts. At first I thought they may be shims. They don't show up in the parts manual. I've emailed CW but haven't heard back from them. I'll post if I get something.

Bill

cnsranch
12-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Someone recommended Tiny Spell - I use it, and it works with Firefox -

http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/

Kenm810
12-30-2009, 09:13 AM
I really haven't found anything it doesn't work on,
of course I really haven't been looking the hard. :wink:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=113756&postcount=14

DocWheeler
12-30-2009, 09:25 AM
HELP
(if they ever get here, my fault I should of had a set here). and one closer to the front of the machine found just before i start to vacuum out the saw dust I am glad i decided to sift through the sawdust first, but now i am pulling out my hair because i can't find where they go, I look and look and they just don't come from anywhere.

Help I don't know what to do.

Tim,

When LHR changed the Y and Z motors, the clearances between them and the top disappeared. Rather than redesign the top, they just put shim washers on the posts and sometimes behind the top where it fastens to the back (by the muffler).

temler
12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Tim,

When LHR changed the Y and Z motors, the clearances between them and the top disappeared. Rather than redesign the top, they just put shim washers on the posts and sometimes behind the top where it fastens to the back (by the muffler).

Thanks to all. now that i know where they go, the question is: was there more than 2 and i just didn't find them or is two the usual amount of them.

Thanks for all the help and spell checkers
Tim
:-D

DocWheeler
12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Tim,

Al wrote the first post on this subject; he just sanded off material from the top where the fins hit to fix his. I did the same thing so I didn't have to worry with all of those spacers. An alternative would be to epoxy the shims to the top so they don't get lost.

Al is the expert on the CarveWright and women!

Kenm810
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey Doc,

I can vouch of AL being an expert on the CarveWright --- not to sure about the other. :wink:

shotgun 6
12-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Tim and all --

Just got an email answer from CW on what the washe are for and is quotted as follows: "Them washers are no necessary on
the top of the guide post just extra that can be apply to the handle of
the crank if the head is low on pressure."

A simiar problem I had was the z-truck bearing replacement pdf showed a washer on the right-hand,lower bearing. I didn't notice one when I took the old one off and spent a long time looking for it going through my dust with a magnet, etc. Finally called CW and they told me it was no longer needed because the z-truck body was now thicker at that point. Sure would be nice if they'd take a couple of hours and update their pdfs. Would save their customers a lot of time.

Bill

PCW
12-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Tim and all --

Just got an email answer from CW on what the washe are for and is quotted as follows: "Them washers are no necessary on
the top of the guide post just extra that can be apply to the handle of
the crank if the head is low on pressure."
Bill

Bill,

I think I could find a better place to store extra washers.:D

shotgun 6
12-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm having a hard time identifying a part that came off the top of the left side after I took the left panel off. Again, I was cleaning up and picked this plastic 1/2 cupped shaped part with my house vac and caught it before it went into the dust bag. It has a clear or white clip on the side of it. It came from the area of the gear where the crank engages. I've attached two shots of it. Thanks for any help on where it goes and what its purpose is.

Bill

fwharris
12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Bill,

That is the blow port deflector (part #55) for the air vent line from the cut motor. It sits on the top frame, key board side and is located under the blow port duct (part# 170) on the top cover.

shotgun 6
12-30-2009, 06:44 PM
FW -- Now I see how it fits and works. Thanks for the solution.

Bill

fwharris
12-30-2009, 06:51 PM
No problem and glad to help!! I did have to look it up in the parts list to make sure I got the right names..