PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect cut motor wiring

shotgun 6
12-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Got the CW ready to replace y-truck bearings when they get here and was cleaning up when the cover falls off back tray pulling the two-wire cut motor wirng apart at the tube connecters on the top of the machine. Manual and other pdfs say "do not disconnect cut motor wiring." The connecters have male and female plugs similar to RCA plugs and mine disconnected real easy when the top fell off the rear tray ( I should have taped it down). There is a black and a white wire on the top cover and two white wires going down to the cut motor, one smaller than the other. Did CW change this set up to allow disconnecting the cut motor wires at the cover after the directions were written? It appears that I can just plug wires back together-- or am I missing something ?

Bill

cnsranch
12-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Al - aka Digitalwoodshop is the guy to ask - he's not online now, but I'm sure he'll check in soon.

I don't believe he has a problem with a personal contact -

http://forum.carvewright.com/member.php?u=1159

shotgun 6
12-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks, Jerry. I'll check in with him.

Bill

Ike
12-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Got the CW ready to replace y-truck bearings when they get here and was cleaning up when the cover falls off back tray pulling the two-wire cut motor wirng apart at the tube connecters on the top of the machine. Manual and other pdfs say "do not disconnect cut motor wiring." The connecters have male and female plugs similar to RCA plugs and mine disconnected real easy when the top fell off the rear tray ( I should have taped it down). There is a black and a white wire on the top cover and two white wires going down to the cut motor, one smaller than the other. Did CW change this set up to allow disconnecting the cut motor wires at the cover after the directions were written? It appears that I can just plug wires back together-- or am I missing something ?

Bill

Bill I am not Al, but I have disconnected my cut motor wires several times without problems. Yes two white wires throw you off I have connected the black and white one way then the other and found no difference! Both ways powered up. Generally the right wire on most applications is the hot wire or black. So I connected the black to what I think is the right side looking from the front.

Al may have something else to say I have another machine that has a black and white wire and not two whites. I still don't think it matters the power comes on and rotates correctly.

Ike

PCW
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
It doesn't mater which way the two connectors go back together. It is just a loop in the circuit that passes through the lid safety cut motor switch.

shotgun 6
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks Ike for confiming my thoughts. My machine is about 1 1/4 years old and I've noticed a couple of other improvements over what the maunual and pdfs say. When I read that in the manual it didn't seem logical to have to hang the top cover on the rear tray rather than have a disconnect so you can get it out of the way.

Bill

Kenm810
12-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Bill,

I found this post from Chris back in June

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=94368&postcount=64

Ike
12-29-2009, 04:46 PM
It doesn't mater which way the two connectors go back together. It is just a loop in the circuit that passes through the lid safety cut motor switch.

Dan thank you I couldn't think of the term... loop circuit! I knew it wasn't like the series circuit, but could remember why?

Ike

PS I e-mailed Al and this is what he posted,

The black and white come in from the X Trem board in the bottom. Black goes to the Black on the Motor and White goes to either black or white of the right cover switch then back and what ever wire is left goes to the white of the motor. So the Right switch in on the return side of the motor.

Hope that helps.

AL

shotgun 6
12-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks all for the help and link. I was going with straight logic but decided to post the problem to make sure -- in my old age I've found that my logic is not always the builders ligic. This is a great forum!

Bill

Ike
12-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks all for the help and link. I was going with straight logic but decided to post the problem to make sure -- in my old age I've found that my logic is not always the builders ligic. This is a great forum!

Bill

Bill glad we could help! I am glad I never read not to disconnect the motor wires!

Ike