PDA

View Full Version : Keep the unit clean

AskBud
12-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Quote from:BartRadke
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2009
Cleaning
Hi, Can anyone suggest the best way to clean the carve right? I am a dummy here and can't see how to post a new blog. So I thought I would continue with this one. Sorry. I am wondering how best to clean the top inside of the machine.
Thanks, Bart
END QUOTE

There are many things a user may/should do to keep the CE/CC clean
1) Once the carve is completed, clean all portions before you do anything else. that way, you do not forget.
A) I use a standard tank sweeper to clear/vacuum the surface dirt/dust I see.
B) I then change the sweeper hose to the "Blower/outflow port, place a narrow wand on the hose and blow into each and every nook and corner to expel all the "hidden" dirt I can. I use the sweeper as I feel that an air hose may have too much force, and actually worsen dust situations on some parts.
2) I, and many others, have found that prevention is better than the after-thought. Dust and dirt are the enemy!
We have designed or purchased "Top/side Mounted Vacuum Heads" to clear a great portion of the dirt/dust as the carver does its work. Most of these require some modification the the unit, and most maintain the safety features/concepts of the maker.

MY CW-Vacuum Head project is listed in the CW Project section, and there is a link at the bottom of this post.

Ringneck Blues has a ready-built unit, made of metal, at this link:
http://www.ringneckblues.com/Dust_Collector_Insert.php

Others have posted or made various solutions as well.
AskBud

BartRadke
12-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Thank you Bud!

What is a tank sweeper?

I have been using a paint brush and a mini air blower use to fill air mattresses. :) Like I say it doesn't get up high though and was open to any tips.

Thanks again,
Bart

AskBud
12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Thank you Bud!

What is a tank sweeper?

I have been using a paint brush and a mini air blower use to fill air mattresses. :) Like I say it doesn't get up high though and was open to any tips.

Thanks again,
Bart
A Tank Sweeper is a Household sweeper similar to the Upright type, only you pull it around as opposed to pushing with a handle. Perhaps your wife hides those tools from you so you do not break them:rolleyes:
AskBud