PDA

View Full Version : Been outdone!

Deolman
12-25-2009, 01:18 AM
and it ain't gonna happen next year. The neighbor got me! I can't carve during the cold winter so I have to plan and get it done before then. This is where I need some assistance. They gave us a small gift of a new dustpan full of treats and a hand broom with the following poem.

We made some TREATS and
dropped them on the Floor...
Swept them up and
Left them at your door.

Now people, please give some ideas to compete with them without overwhelming them. What can I carve?

supershingler
12-25-2009, 06:15 PM
how about a sign with my poem

come on in and bring some beer
all my friends are welcome here

were having a 3 day blizzard in south dakota. i had to push all my macines into the corner to get my pickup thawed out. hope it quits tomorrow so i can play again.

ps i have a heated garage.

Merry Christmas

kendall

Chief
12-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Deolman,

I may be missing the message but what I gather is that you want something akin to a roast for your neighbors, not some smaltzy poem expressing love or appreciation for the neighbor. You want to set his toes on fire........ or am I wrong?

Chief

Deolman
12-26-2009, 02:17 AM
No chief, I want something nice in a competitive way. Don't know what yet but I'll know it when I see it.

AskBud
12-26-2009, 05:53 AM
and it ain't gonna happen next year. The neighbor got me! I can't carve during the cold winter so I have to plan and get it done before then. This is where I need some assistance. They gave us a small gift of a new dustpan full of treats and a hand broom with the following poem.

We made some TREATS and
Swept them up and
Left them at your door.

Now people, please give some ideas to compete with them without overwhelming them. What can I carve?

Perhaps you could select what you want to give them and them think of the poem/words to match the item. It appears that may have been the way their drop-off was done (It match the usage of the contents).
AskBud

will george
12-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Maybe just a name and address or other for the mailbox or something along those lines.. Whatever comes to mind.. Collect the dust from the project and put it in a dust pan with the item?

jab73180
12-26-2009, 05:01 PM
nah thats to much like what they did, put some poop in a bag and light it on fire like adam sandler did in billy madison.

Azbear
12-26-2009, 06:31 PM

We made some TREATS and
Swept them up and
Left them at your door.

"The grass is always greener on MY side of the fence".

It worked for me some years back. I didn't have a carving machine back then, just a scroll saw. I put it on the side of my house that faced his house. Lettering was very noticablable from his front door. His wife thought it was funny. He did after some time went by. We laughed for a long time after he came around.

It's not a poem, and the fun is there.

cnsranch
12-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Deolman -

How 'bout -

I ate the treats
You found on my floor
Now quit screwin' 'round
And sweep up some more!

Deolman
12-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Deolman -