PDA

View Full Version : Carving a picture?

jussi
12-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Just wondering what tips you guys have for importing and carving a picture. I know trying to make a 3D object from a 2D picture won't yield great results, but is there something I can do to make sure the final carving looks better. I tried doing one of my local church and it came out nearly unrecognizable. I realized later that I had forgotten to set it to optimal, but besides that was there something more I could do. Like what settings to use, what types of pictures yield better results, What should I set bit optimization to be, etc Thanks.

TIMCOSBY
12-23-2009, 09:33 PM
to be a really shallow carve.

bjbethke
12-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Just wondering what tips you guys have for importing and carving a picture. I know trying to make a 3D object from a 2D picture won't yield great results, but is there something I can do to make sure the final carving looks better. I tried doing one of my local church and it came out nearly unrecognizable. I realized later that I had forgotten to set it to optimal, but besides that was there something more I could do. Like what settings to use, what types of pictures yield better results, What should I set bit optimization to be, etc Thanks.
Most photo images are not easy to make into 3d patterns. I use Photoshop. Make the bitmap image to at least 300 DPI, then use the dodge and burn function to blend the image color to make your image look like the ones you get from your CW scanning probe. Work in gray scale. It takes lots of time.