PDA

View Full Version : “Check Cutting Motor” ???

scamp62
12-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Have a perplexing question for all of you.
I have gotten a “Check Cutting Motor” warning just before it starts cut a project ?
I can hit the enter key to continue, and it cuts fine. Any ideas out there,
Is there a regular maintenance on it other then vacuuming out the machine,
The flex shaft is just worm, and I can not think of any other areas to check ?
Thank once again for the help !!!

dbfletcher
12-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Have a perplexing question for all of you.
I have gotten a “Check Cutting Motor” warning just before it starts cut a project ?
I can hit the enter key to continue, and it cuts fine. Any ideas out there,
Is there a regular maintenance on it other then vacuuming out the machine,
The flex shaft is just worm, and I can not think of any other areas to check ?
Thank once again for the help !!!

This can be caused if the magnet comes off the shaft of the cut motor. Te magnate allows the computer to count the revolutions when the motor is spinning. If the magnet becomes loose or falls off, the computer doesnt see the motor spinning so it throws up that warning. If you go in to user options/sensor check, there is one for that.. spin the shaft by hand and you should see the counter increment.
HTH,

Doug Fletcher

DocWheeler
12-22-2009, 05:05 PM
scamp62,

There were some firmware versions, 1.13?. that gave that message a lot. If you are using one of those versions it may be causing it.

Digitalwoodshop
12-22-2009, 05:21 PM
It is more of a nuisance bug.... I just live with it... I have been wanting to swap the X Termination Board and see if it changes... Since there are a few components on that board that could cause it...

But I think is is a Program problem when the computer uploads the project to the card a piece of data is not right... I am using 1.153 and still have it.

If the Cut Motor Magnet is not working then your machine will run FULL SPEED all the time.... If the Magnet is working then it runs at about 85% in my best guess... Don't have a Tach.... Un plug the sensor on top of the cut motor and it should run full blast.... And wearing thing out much quicker...

So if you spin the shaft and the Cut Motor Magnet counts 0000 0001 0002 0003.... There is nothing else to do at this time.

AL

mtylerfl
12-22-2009, 06:44 PM
But I think is is a Program problem when the computer uploads the project to the card a piece of data is not right... I am using 1.153 and still have it...

AL

I don't think it's in the software, but I do wonder what really causes that for some folks!? I've never had the "check cut motor message" ever, on any version of Designer that I've used. Strange.

jab73180
12-22-2009, 06:59 PM
i have gotten that message a few times, i check the motor and it is always there!!

locovalley
12-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I've been getting the "check cut motor" message for about a year now. Everything checks OK so I just hit "enter" when the message shows and keep on trucking.

Joseph

mark1945
12-22-2009, 08:18 PM
I get it every now and then also.Every time it happens its when i am cutting Cedar or Sycamore never with any other kind of wood.It may have something to do with the dust both of these woods make a lot of soft powdery stuff.

scamp62
12-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Digitalwoodshop
“So if you spin the shaft and the Cut Motor Magnet counts 0000 0001 0002 0003.... There is nothing else to do at this time.”

dbfletcher
“If you go in to user options/sensor check, there is one for that.. spin the shaft by hand and you should see the counter increment.”

Please tell me more, like how do I see this count ?? “options/sensor check” just how do I get there ??
Thank you gentlemen !

fwharris
12-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Checking the Machine’s Onboard Sensors
The status of each of the machine’s onboard sensors can be accessed
from the LCD screen and keypad for the purpose of troubleshooting. To
access the Sensor Check menu simply select the “0” (Options) key at the
CarveWright Main Menu or use the up/down arrows to locate the
Configurations Menu and then press ENTER. Next, select the “7”
(Measure) key or use the up/down arrows to locate the Sensor Check
menu and then press ENTER. Navigate through the different sensors and
associated status values using the up/down arrows.

Cut Sensor
State – Numerical Value (0)
This sensor monitors the RPM of the cutting motor and feeds that
information back into the control logic. As a quick check, spin the spindle
by hand and check to see that the displayed numerical value changes. It
reads one count for every revolution. At low speeds it will only change
from 0 to 1 or 2.

scamp62
12-22-2009, 09:18 PM
p.s. what is the best lube for the flex shaft ??
p.s.s. to mark1945 I am cutting a lot of lightwight MDF ! not fluffy but dusty as all get out, I do have a “Ringneckblues.com” dust collector on my machine, and LOVE it.

fwharris
12-22-2009, 09:23 PM
p.s. what is the best lube for the flex shaft ??
p.s.s. to mark1945 I am cutting a lot of lightwight MDF ! not fluffy but dusty as all get out, I do have a “Ringneckblues.com” dust collector on my machine, and LOVE it.

Scamp,

Thanks,,,:mrgreen:

Best lube, Crane Cam lube with Molly if you can find it.....

scamp62
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
HELP !!!
So I went to start new project this morning and after load bit you get that second of head speed….got a not good sound ! like coffee grinder !! stop the machine and I’m trying to do the sensor check and I get to a screen that has “Probe State: open” and under that “Cut Sensor: 0” is this the screen that I should be able to spin the flex shaft and get a reading ??? and just how hard is it to pull the flex shaft out of the sleeve, and dose the sleeve remain attached to the motor ???

dbfletcher
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
HELP !!!
So I went to start new project this morning and after load bit you get that second of head speed….got a not good sound ! like coffee grinder !! stop the machine and I’m trying to do the sensor check and I get to a screen that has “Probe State: open” and under that “Cut Sensor: 0” is this the screen that I should be able to spin the flex shaft and get a reading ??? and just how hard is it to pull the flex shaft out of the sleeve, and dose the sleeve remain attached to the motor ???

My sleeve has always remained attached to the cut motor and flex shaft can be pulled out with next to no effort. When you reinstall the flex shaft.. make sure you rotate it while inserting so it gets fully seating in the cut motor before re-attaching to the spindle.

HTH,

Doug Fletcher

fwharris
12-23-2009, 12:45 PM
HELP !!!

See post #10 for how to check the "cut sensor"...

jgowrie
12-24-2009, 08:43 AM
I have also gotten it about once on every job. Hitting "enter" starts the machine back up and generally it doesn't stop again for that error. I have noticed that the RPM's do get higher after hitting "enter" prior to the "check cut motor" error.

Hopefully, someone at Carvewright would come in at some point and offer their ideas since this is an ongoing issue with multiple posts every month.

mtylerfl
12-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I have also gotten it about once on every job. Hitting "enter" starts the machine back up and generally it doesn't stop again for that error. I have noticed that the RPM's do get higher after hitting "enter" prior to the "check cut motor" error.

Hopefully, someone at Carvewright would come in at some point and offer their ideas since this is an ongoing issue with multiple posts every month.

Strange - I wonder what is causing that?? I've never seen it on either of my machines - ever.

luckettg
12-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Strange - I wonder what is causing that?? I've never seen it on either of my machines - ever.
I got it last week while within the first minute or two of doing a 2-1/2 hour carving, only once, where upon I vacuumed the motor, checked the cables, etc, then closed it back up, hit enter, and off it went without any other faults. I then did another carving without incident. I always clean between carvings and vacuum off and on during a carving, being very careful of the static. So far so good.
Greg Luckett
Michigan

mtylerfl
12-24-2009, 12:54 PM
I got it last week while within the first minute or two of doing a 2-1/2 hour carving, only once, where upon I vacuumed the motor, checked the cables, etc, then closed it back up, hit enter, and off it went without any other faults. I then did another carving without incident. I always clean between carvings and vacuum off and on during a carving, being very careful of the static. So far so good.
Greg Luckett
Michigan

I do pay special attention to the cut motor when cleaning after a carve. This was after I saw some photos of a disassembled cut motor that AL (DigitalWoodshop) posted a couple years ago - I was astonished at how much dust was in there. I vacuum out as much debris as possible by holding the crevice nozzle of the vac right on the slots of the motor housing. Then I blow compressed air right at the motor to (hopefully) get as much remaining dust out of there as possible. So far, so good. I used to be concerned I might be blowing dust "into" places that might cause problems, but (knock on wood) I have not had any cut motor issues with either of my machines, so I guess I'm holding my tongue just right.

jgowrie
12-24-2009, 01:26 PM
I also vacuum out every area I can get my vacuum attachments into. Using one of those mini attachment sets there are few places I can't reach into. That coupled with my machine having still under 20 hours of on-time really should eliminate a dust buildup problem.

I just ran a job today which was strictly raster based and that error never appeared. For me, it's always during vector or centerline carvings that the error comes up.

mtylerfl
12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
... For me, it's always during vector or centerline carvings that the error comes up.

It's been awhile since I've done any Centerline projects, although I have done projects with a few vectors recently. I'll have to try another Centerline project to see if I get the message.

scamp62
12-26-2009, 12:58 PM
O.K. I found the source of the grinding noise, the spring that lines the flex shaft sheath hade stated to fall apart on the motor end, and that got back in to the RPM magnet and dislodged it, so call CW, and guess what “that s not covered under the warrantee !:( And you can’t just get the spring, I have to buy a “Flex Shaft Assembly” $75.00 !
Now I have more problems, when I removed the “Flex Shaft Assembly”
There were a lot of bits and peaces of twisted spring, and what looked like rust,
Got all the debris and the magnet out, BUT the flex shaft will not come out of the motor !
I have applied a liberal amount of penetrating lube, with no joy, any ideas out there please let me know.
And has anybody reattached the magnet ? Looks like I would have to split the motor open !?

PCW
12-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Got all the debris and the magnet out, BUT the flex shaft will not come out of the motor !
I have applied a liberal amount of penetrating lube, with no joy, any ideas out there please let me know.
And has anybody reattached the magnet ? Looks like I would have to split the motor open !?

Remove set screw at the cut motor and twist the flex cable on the cut motor end about a 1/8 turn and pull straight out. The cut motor will have to be removed and disassembled to reattach the magnet. The magnet sets in a slot on the end of the motor shaft and has a slide on cover to hold it in place.

Digitalwoodshop
12-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I take it that you did get the outside rubber housing off and just can't get the flex out of the end of the motor shaft.... You might need to heat the flex and motor end slightly....

And your right... you need to buy the whole $75.00 Flex assembly....

A spring that gets wound up in the motor end or just a kink it can produce enough heat to cause the outer rubber to smoke.... Better fix it now than have the machine catch on fire...

AL

scamp62
12-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Yea I have the sleeve off, the metal shaft is the stuck bit. Will try a soldering iron on the collar (thanks once again Digitalwood)

To: PCW
“Slide Cover” ???? I do not see anything but bits if spring in here ? (Do you have a parts number ?) I thought it was glued in ? hummm and when you split the motor body is there any unexpected surprises, like springs shooting across the shop !!
Thanks

PCW
12-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Yea I have the sleeve off, the metal shaft is the stuck bit. Will try a soldering iron on the collar (thanks once again Digitalwood)

To: PCW
“Slide Cover” ???? I do not see anything but bits if spring in here ? (Do you have a parts number ?) I thought it was glued in ? hummm and when you split the motor body is there any unexpected surprises, like springs shooting across the shop !!
Thanks

LOL no surprises. When you go to open it up there is a hidden screw inside the exhaust port on top of the cut motor. I think they started off gluing the magnet in and switched to the slide on sleeve because the magnet was coming unglued. I don't know what it is made of but maybe a shrink tube would work if the magnet is strong enough to penetrate it. I would test it first. Not sure if the sleeve can be ordered.

Just pay attention or draw a diagram where you unplug the electrical connectors

scamp62
12-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the info PCW…..
I will go with shrink tube (great idea)….and will replace the stock magnet with a rear earth magnet (very strong !!)

luckettg
12-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the info PCW…..
I will go with shrink tube (great idea)….and will replace the stock magnet with a rear earth magnet (very strong !!)
The clearance between the magnets and sensors used in appliances that I work on are about 1 to 1.5 mm. I wonder if this motor is similar? Heat shrink might not work if so.
Greg

Digitalwoodshop
12-27-2009, 09:41 AM
I did heat shrink in the first year I had my machine and it did not hold... It stretched due to the G Force... Some have used epoxy... A rare earth magnet could be too powerful and the sensor may always see the magnet rather than on off.... Try it and use the sensor data to look....

They sell the retainer for about 5 bucks that slided over the shaft.

While you have the cover open clean the dust out of the shell...

AL

Chief
12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Greg,

Since you're the expert here, Rockler sells a stretch-wrap film. You'll often see it used in lumber yards to wrap (tie) several pieces of wood together, especially trim, as it doesn't leave any marks and you don't have to know how to untie granny kots. The stuff is incredibly strong.

Chief

Digitalwoodshop
12-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I have the 6 inch wide "Saran" shrink wrap... Wouldn't hold... The first picture is the LHR Shrink Wrap from the Factory... Before it let go.... For $5.00 the retainer is worth it... Add one to your next order with brushes...

Some had luck with Epoxy in the beginning... Forget ever changing a front bearing later with epoxy unless you heat it up.....

AL

scamp62
12-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Soooo…..got the motor out and split it open (yea dust city !) and then put some heat to the coupler (thank god I have a good soldering iron) the flex shaft finely let go (316 degrees !) and much to my disappointment I found rust ! I have less then 75 hours on this machine, and live in Los Angeles County (a dry area) crap a half cent of good grease would have prevented me from gutting my machine ! but again thank you Digitalwood on the suggestion on heating it up, and I will order the retainer. But as always I have a question and need some help !
Q: next to the recesses for the magnet in the coupler is a copper slug ? what is it ?
And then !
Can anybody give a schematic of the motor wiring ? I toke a picture of the set up, and then my girlfriend deleted them to make room in the camera for pictures of my dogs
(4 gigs of memory and she starts worrying about it……..go figure ?!?!)

Digitalwoodshop
12-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I think the copper slug, (non magnetic) is applied to balance the rotor...

Good Job on getting the Flex out. Yes some grease would prevent that... Salt Air....

I lived in San Diego for 13 years.... Miss it tonight as it's almost 1 AM and I am cutting the 8th of 15 boards... Last one for tonight... temp is down to 45 in the Wood Shop.... Will heat her back up tomorrow... and finish. I have been so busy for so long... Never got the insulation in the wood shop this summer... I have a high end Direct Vent LP Gas heater and hate sucking dust into her..... I will have a better handle on dust when I finish the shop interior. So I heat the shop before the dust flies... Lasted 10 hours...

AL

scamp62
12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Well just another day with CW !! called to look in to getting the retainer…..
Guess what………..on retainer is available !! I need a new motor assembly !!
This really is amazing, a thin spring goes to hell (value ? can’t be more then 10.00) and I end up having to buy a complete flex cable assembly 87.00, and a new motor assembly 40.00 core charge (still under warranty) dodged a bullet on that one !!!!
They really need to offer the sleeve spring (o.k. 20.00 !! most) and make a magnet retainer (5.00). 25.00 would make far more since then 127.00 for less then 50 hours on the tool !
And I had nothing to with the failure, had never removed the flex cable (never got hardly worm !!) so no need to remove and lube. I figure after about a year I will have replaced the entire machine (by me !!) and hopefully it will work perfectly !!!

luckettg
12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Well just another day with CW !! called to look in to getting the retainer…..
Guess what………..on retainer is available !! I need a new motor assembly !!
... ..... I figure after about a year I will have replaced the entire machine (by me !!) and hopefully it will work perfectly !!!

I would try Ace Hardware or someplace similar for a replacement spring. Motor repair shops are good places too.
Greg
Michigan

shotgun 6
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I got a "check cut motor" message while running a carve last Firday. I pressed "enter' and the machine coninued with no problem. I have since gotten the message a couple of times and pressed "enter" each time and the machine picked up ok (I've run two five hour carves after the first mesage). Yesterday I found a small magnet on the shop floor and didn't have any idea where it came from until I read this thread -- sounds like it may have come off the cut motor. I'm not sure what its purpose is but following instructions on this thread I checked the configuration sensor menus and the cut motor reading is 0 with nothing in the machine. I don't know if that is normal or not but If ithe magnet came from the cut motor does it hurt to continue running or am I asking for problems. My chuck and flex shaft run cool (no hotter than 80 degrees anywhere in a 65 degree room today -- I check the temperature at several points on the drive frequently during every carve).

dbfletcher
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I got a "check cut motor" message while running a carve last Firday. I pressed "enter' and the machine coninued with no problem. I have since gotten the message a couple of times and pressed "enter" each time and the machine picked up ok (I've run two five hour carves after the first mesage). Yesterday I found a small magnet on the shop floor and didn't have any idea where it came from until I read this thread -- sounds like it may have come off the cut motor. I'm not sure what its purpose is but following instructions on this thread I checked the configuration sensor menus and the cut motor reading is 0 with nothing in the machine. I don't know if that is normal or not but If ithe magnet came from the cut motor does it hurt to continue running or am I asking for problems. My chuck and flex shaft run cool (no hotter than 80 degrees anywhere in a 65 degree room today -- I check the temperature at several points on the drive frequently during every carve).

are your spinning the chuck or flex shaft while doing that sensor check? It will read 0 unless you are spinning the shaft. That is what it is loking for.. each revolution of the magnet.

Doug Fletcher

shotgun 6
03-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm learning. I wasn't turning the chuck when I got the 0, but now I've turned it and it indicates the turns I make, i.e., 1, 2, etc.

dbfletcher
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm learning. I wasn't turning the chuck when I got the 0, but now I've turned it and it indicates the turns I make, i.e., 1, 2, etc.

That would indicate the magnet is still there then. Unless somene more knowledgeable can shed a different light.

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
03-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Have not seen this question posted in a while.... The magnet is from your bit kit... The Glue holding the magnet inside the plastic case was not as powerful as the magnet to the bit...

AL

shotgun 6
03-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks Doug. Incidently, I installed 162 update last night and ran a five hour carve today. I noticed that the rpm seems slow initially but when it starts carving or cutting, it speeds up to normal rpm. I don't know if this has to do with 162 or with the cut motor. At any rate it seems to rum ok. I didn't mention but the magnet is 1/4" in diameter.

Bill

shotgun 6
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
AL -- You are right -- I used my 60 degree bit last week and it must have come out like you said. I don't think I would ever have thought of that.

Thanks,

Bill

ctchay83
03-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Hopefully some one can shed some light on this "check motor" prompt. Today i decided to get the centerline text feature added to my software, and while carving a sign w/ 90 degee v bit the motor would change speeds inbetween letters but never while carving?? Can some one explain this please. The prompt came up once so i checked the motors temp seemed fine then pressed enter to proceed, but it still did the changing of speeds in between letters.

Thanks,

Cliff

AskBud
03-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Hopefully some one can shed some light on this "check motor" prompt. Today i decided to get the centerline text feature added to my software, and while carving a sign w/ 90 degee v bit the motor would change speeds inbetween letters but never while carving?? Can some one explain this please. The prompt came up once so i checked the motors temp seemed fine then pressed enter to proceed, but it still did the changing of speeds in between letters.

Thanks,

Cliff

This "Check Motor" Error message is common while using Centerline. It appears to be a flaw in coding, which does not consider the "Spin-up" between letters (due to a "no-load" condition). It will usually happen at the beginning, but could occur anywhere during the Centerline carve. You should be safe to, just, press "Continue".
AskBud

ctchay83
03-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the quick response, if this error is common i assume they are already working on fixing it, or is their some where i can forward this info on to advise the manufacturer of the issue. Also i have one more question pertaining to the QC I recently broke my 1/16'' carving bit due to not setting it properly, and i thought i checked and checked it agian to see if it was in correct, but apparently not. Is thier some sort of trick or process i should know about to ensure that i have the bit installed correctly.

Thanks,

Cliff

AskBud
03-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the quick response, if this error is common i assume they are already working on fixing it, or is their some where i can forward this info on to advise the manufacturer of the issue. Also i have one more question pertaining to the QC I recently broke my 1/16'' carving bit due to not setting it properly, and i thought i checked and checked it agian to see if it was in correct, but apparently not. Is thier some sort of trick or process i should know about to ensure that i have the bit installed correctly.

Thanks,

Cliff

Here is a link:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=118136&postcount=4
AskBud

mtylerfl
03-22-2010, 07:17 AM
... Also i have one more question pertaining to the QC I recently broke my 1/16'' carving bit due to not setting it properly, and i thought i checked and checked it agian to see if it was in correct, but apparently not. Is thier some sort of trick or process i should know about to ensure that i have the bit installed correctly.

Thanks,

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Here's another link with photos...
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=120168&postcount=13 (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?p=120168#post120168)

mikepail
03-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Since installing the latest patch(and then the patch to the patch the next day) I have encountered the check cut motor quite often.

As I have quite a bit of experience in firmware development for mechanical systems, I believe that CarveWright has added a feature to vary the speed depending on the current operation. In doing so, I believe that the subroutine that checks for a cut motor speed mismatch is flagging an error because the motor is still ramping up to the next RPM setting. My magnet is in place. I get a consistent 1 increment per RPM and I have not seen the problem ever before upgrading to the latest version. When the motor is changing speed, the mismatch checking subroutine needs to be ignored/disabled, or ignored/disabled for longer than it currently is, or the tolerance of what speed mismatch is acceptable needs to be widened.

The other thing that leads me to believe it is a firmware problem is that after clicking enter to proceed, the machine is still able to vary the speed of rotation depending on the operation.

It is always a double-edged sword when a new version is released. You are almost guaranteed that some annoying bug was removed or great new feature was introduced, but this company relies too much on bug fixes as opposed to a regression test plan that makes sure they haven't broke anything else.

robbrigg2
03-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Since installing the latest patch(and then the patch to the patch the next day) I have encountered the check cut motor quite often.

As I have quite a bit of experience in firmware development for mechanical systems, I believe that CarveWright has added a feature to vary the speed depending on the current operation. In doing so, I believe that the subroutine that checks for a cut motor speed mismatch is flagging an error because the motor is still ramping up to the next RPM setting. My magnet is in place. I get a consistent 1 increment per RPM and I have not seen the problem ever before upgrading to the latest version. When the motor is changing speed, the mismatch checking subroutine needs to be ignored/disabled, or ignored/disabled for longer than it currently is, or the tolerance of what speed mismatch is acceptable needs to be widened.

The other thing that leads me to believe it is a firmware problem is that after clicking enter to proceed, the machine is still able to vary the speed of rotation depending on the operation.

It is always a double-edged sword when a new version is released. You are almost guaranteed that some annoying bug was removed or great new feature was introduced, but this company relies too much on bug fixes as opposed to a regression test plan that makes sure they haven't broke anything else.

I agree, I am getting the same problem as you describe. It has happened several times during a straight cut, using the cut off feature (never did it before) it doesn't do it during the actual cutting but rather after it cuts the notch on the keypad side, while it is moving across the board to start the cut that's when I get the message. But I must say when it is moving across the board it is slower then when it is cutting the board....

plaz
03-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I keep getting a (check cut motor) on the LCD screen? It's after it runs on the centerline for about half way through the text I start it back then it finishs the project. I clean it after ever cut. And the motor does sound like it is surging to me?
Thanks
Plaz

liquidguitars
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
I am using the v 60 bit for my "f" holes and had the error only once in 9 times. If it's cold, shaft is dirty, to much mass or the bit is out of round then I think the bit will not ramp up to RPM and trigger the error to "full speed". Something that could help in this issue is to remove and clean the flex shaft and re- oil the power train.

I use solvent but it's not on the list for procedures.

one more thing worn cut motor brushed will also contribute.

LG

plaz
03-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try on the cleaning the flex shaft.

CarverJerry
03-30-2010, 06:08 AM
Yeah, I sometimes get that check motor cut but only when I'm doing centerline cuts, have never gotten it with anything else. May be a little bug with the last version 1.153 in designer, but it finishes with no problems after hitting the start button, and my flex shaft is clean and lubed and so is the machine.

Icutone2
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
My first machine has done that seance I got it. I just use the error to remind me to turn on the DC. Works for me!
Lee