PDA

View Full Version : not to happy

temler
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
HI all

I ordered parts for my machine on Friday the first place said they had them in stock and would send over night so i should have Monday, that was sears and i just got an email from them that they are back ordered and don't know when they will be shipped. And then i ordered the same parts from Carvewright so i would make sure one of them would get the parts to me before next weekend and they told me they would ship it the same day, Friday, well i got an email from them that it is ready to ship today. I can't win. Just for a couple plastic gears, from no on i will have a spare pair of gears on the shelf I guess it is now one item with both gears now.
Is there a list somewhere of all the items that break the most so i can order a spare of each item or at least till i can afford a backup machine.
Shipping is pretty high at carvewright, next time i will be ready for it and have more than one item shipped for $12 that was more than the part cost. Kind of stinks, but i will do better next time.
Just had to complain and see if any of you have a list of the parts i should order to keep on the shelf. :(
Thanks
Tim E.

Digitalwoodshop
12-22-2009, 02:42 PM
X Gears
Board Detector
Sand Paper Belts
New Flex with Core
FSC Cable
Board Detector Cable Used to test a board detector or installed if needed.
Return Pulley for the Z and Y Belt Drive

And Masking Tape :)

And of course have a ROCK installed or also order a new Power Supply (L2) and X Termination Board (C1).

AL

temler
12-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you Al

As soon as the holiday is over I am going to order all those items, i don't ever want this to happen again, I had a few weeks that i felt like doing something and the machine is broken that stinks. That many things on the order should be worth ordering, is Sears or carvewright cheaper to buy parts at?

Thanks for The list
Tim

temler
12-22-2009, 03:24 PM
X Gears
Board Detector
Sand Paper Belts
New Flex with Core
FSC Cable
Board Detector Cable Used to test a board detector or installed if needed.
Return Pulley for the Z and Y Belt Drive

And Masking Tape :)

And of course have a ROCK installed or also order a new Power Supply (L2) and X Termination Board (C1).

AL

Hi Al
What is the FSC cable?
I ordered the Rock just yesterday. I got 4 more roll of masking tape, going to order more gears. I will order all the rest of the parts soon but not sure if Sears or Carvewright is a better place to guy the parts.
Thanks
Tim

Digitalwoodshop
12-22-2009, 05:29 PM
The FSC Cable is the flat thick 14 pin cable feeding your Y and Z data and motor drive power. Since it goes back and forth eventually the copper traces inside will fail.... Or like happened to me.... Snagged something and tore a conductor.... The Last machine I bought, all that was wrong was the FSC Cable.... It drove him NUTS to the point of selling it CHEAP....

Add to that Cut Motor Brushes....

AL

temler
12-22-2009, 06:03 PM
The FSC Cable is the flat thick 14 pin cable feeding your Y and Z data and motor drive power. Since it goes back and forth eventually the copper traces inside will fail.... Or like happened to me.... Snagged something and tore a conductor.... The Last machine I bought, all that was wrong was the FSC Cable.... It drove him NUTS to the point of selling it CHEAP....

Add to that Cut Motor Brushes....

AL

HI al
thanks for all the help. just one of two more questions. I have the old style card in this machine, do they still sell the old fsc cable i think it was 16 line ribbon cable and now it is 14, so if it brakes should i get the whole kit and should i have the whole upgrade kit on the shelf or should i try to get the 16 line ribbon cable. So i don't know what to do, is it option one change it all out and what is there in the kit or option 2 find the old cable which i think it thinner. what do you think.
Thanks I called today to get all the prices on that list and asked if they had a price list they could fax me and they said no. But all the prices that i checked out are about the same at Sears and Carvewright except Sears is about 5% less, except when it comes to the sensor and they are 1/2 the cost of carve wright maybe they are not as good as carvewright one is 7.50 and the other is $15.
Thanks
Tim

temler
12-22-2009, 06:12 PM
HI al
thanks for all the help. just one of two more questions. I have the old style card in this machine, do they still sell the old fsc cable i think it was 16 line ribbon cable and now it is 14, so if it brakes should i get the whole kit and should i have the whole upgrade kit on the shelf or should i try to get the 16 line ribbon cable. So i don't know what to do, is it option one change it all out and what is there in the kit or option 2 find the old cable which i think it thinner. what do you think.
Thanks I called today to get all the prices on that list and asked if they had a price list they could fax me and they said no. But all the prices that i checked out are about the same at Sears and Carvewright except Sears is about 5% less, except when it comes to the sensor and they are 1/2 the cost of carve wright maybe they are not as good as carvewright one is 7.50 and the other is $15.
Thanks
Tim

one more thing i see they have the cable listed as FFC wire guide but I don't see the actual cable listed, is it just all on peice the price of the FFC wire guide is 12.99 so do you think it is the whole thing and it looks like the new one can you get the old one.
Thanks
tim

temler
12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
HI al
Thanks
Tim

does any one know how much the z-axis motor kit are, and what the part number is, and can it be bought at sears, or what are all the parts so it can be bought peice by piece instead of the kit if it is cheaper. just an idea.

Thanks
Tim

Digitalwoodshop
12-23-2009, 12:09 AM
You really want the 14 Pin Z Bundle.... You will have less Z Stalls....

The thicker wires supply a little more Push or current to the motors....

You can keep the old motor for parts... I have used the gear boxes on 2 of my old motors....

1 AM... Done for the Night....:roll:

AL

temler
12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
here is something else to add to my not happy list. I called and ordered my gears Friday and carvewright said they would be here before christmas, and i just got a notice from UPS that they will not be here till next Wednesday the 30th now, so i called and they said they could overnight one for an extra $48 but they could not be sure it would get here, overnight or it might be next week. If they didn't take 3 days to ship the first part i would of been ok. O well i know better now and will have extra parts on hand or maybe i will find a used/reconditioned machine to buy and use as parts. So now it will be new years before i get these done and hopefully I can get it put back together before my surgery, after the surgery they tell me i am not allowed to lift more that 5 pounds so it is going to be hard to move the machine around.
I will get all this figured out and have the right parts on the shelf so no waiting any more, or even better i will have a second machine someday and not have the delay. I just got a contract to make all the Grand and Reserve awards for a llama show at our state fair this coming year, that is about 35 to 40 awards for all the classes in that show. Maybe next year i can get more animals groups. I better get my machine in line for this stuff.
Thanks for listening and if anyone hears of a good deal on used machine for parts let me know.
Thanks
tim

Jeff_Birt
12-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Hmmmmm......Christmas time and deliveries are slow....what are the odds? Seriously folks, this same thing happens every single year, when you get within a week of Christmas it is very likely to have a delivery take 3-5 days longer than usual.

Instead of worrying about it I suggest we just enjoy the time with our families and friends and be thankful for what we do have.

temler
12-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Hmmmmm......Christmas time and deliveries are slow....what are the odds? Seriously folks, this same thing happens every single year, when you get within a week of Christmas it is very likely to have a delivery take 3-5 days longer than usual.

Instead of worrying about it I suggest we just enjoy the time with our families and friends and be thankful for what we do have.

I agree with you it would be a great time to be with the family but the guys that are converting my van so i can travel in my wheelchair are not done with it. It has been sitting for 7 wks now waiting till the next guy gets done with his part so i am trying to be patient but no kids here, no woodworking to do waiting for parts and I do understand for shipping delays and it will not happen again, going to have spare part or spare machine. but nothing else to do but complain.

It is not bad that the delivery takes longer but when you are told it will be there before Christmas and you plan on that, then you plan on this to happen, If i was told it would be a week or week and half I would understand, and I could of ordered the part elsewhere and had it shipped overnight, that is all i am saying. I do understand and i am thankful for everything i have, It is just hard sometimes to be patient. Thanks for you comments and please don't think i am down grading carvewright at all they are great and friendly I just wish they would not of told me that they shipped and it would be there by a certain date, when they didn't even ship it till the next week. Just a little bone and I probably should not of picked it.
But some of us have less things to thankful for and we need the things we do have to keep us sane sorry if this sounded like i was picking on the slow delivery it wasn't it was the false hope of getting the part in time.
Sorry Jeff if i upset you in anyway, I don't have much to be thankful for except my CC machine. Sorry if i repeat myself, some times i am on some many pain killers that my thought get confused. So Sorry and i am so glad that most people on this list are so understanding.
Thanks
Tim Emler

temler
12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Hi all

I finally got me gears in and put in, they work great and can't wait till tomorrow when i can get carving again.
I think the old gears had to been bad since they were put in, it was not the plastic gear that was bad and making the noise since i first got it. the plastic gear is the one that finally gave out and stopped turning. you will like this it was the brass gear that was missing a cog just one cog and it looked like it been gone forever, how can you break a brass cog when all it runs against is a plastic gear.

I do like the one piece gears now instead of two piece setup. I didn't think it would be so tough, not really tough you just had to finesse it in there, hold your tongue just the right way, and turn the gear just right and then it just fall right together. It is done and next time it will be easier.
Thanks for all the help.
Back to carving
Tim