PDA

View Full Version : Raise and lower

newt55
12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
I have a pattern that I want to lower to make the pattern stand out better. I went to my pattern library, and double clicked the pattern that i wanted to modify (per Bud's tutorial "editing imported images"), but no pattern editor popped up. Is that an additional piece of software I have to buy, or what?

fwharris
12-20-2009, 11:34 PM
I have a pattern that I want to lower to make the pattern stand out better. I went to my pattern library, and double clicked the pattern that i wanted to modify (per Bud's tutorial "editing imported images"), but no pattern editor popped up. Is that an additional piece of software I have to buy, or what?

Pattern editor comes with the scanning probe..

dbfletcher
12-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Pattern editor comes with the scanning probe..

Or it can also be purchased seperately (pattern editor only) in the carvewright store.

Doug Fletcher

newt55
12-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Not the answer I wanted, but thanx alot guys.

dbfletcher
12-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Not the answer I wanted, but thanx alot guys.

We should probably also mention that you can only edit patterns you have originally authored. Even with "free" patterns that you download here.. if you are not the original author, pattern editor wont let you modify it in any way. (unless you get teh MPW file... or a png so you can 'recreate' the pattern as yourself... thus making you the author)

Doug Fletcher

mtylerfl
12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
I have a pattern that I want to lower to make the pattern stand out better...

If that's all you need, then just use the depth and height settings in Designer to raise/lower the pattern.