PDA

View Full Version : Haunted

wasacop75
12-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I am beginning to think that my machine is haunted. I have tried to carve the attached mpc four times. Each time there is a skip in the carving somewhere. First it was the carving didnt move and the letters ended up all in the same place. The second time the A is about 3 inches long. the third there is a two inch space in the brain and of course the last time, there is the A not coming together, the spacing in the name is about 3 inches between the first name and the last....
And its not like i need these for Christmas. The LOML needs them for Tuesday....

AskBud
12-20-2009, 01:44 PM
I am beginning to think that my machine is haunted. I have tried to carve the attached mpc four times. Each time there is a skip in the carving somewhere. First it was the carving didnt move and the letters ended up all in the same place. The second time the A is about 3 inches long. the third there is a two inch space in the brain and of course the last time, there is the A not coming together, the spacing in the name is about 3 inches between the first name and the last....
And its not like i need these for Christmas. The LOML needs them for Tuesday....

The MPC looks OK. I would have chosen the 60 degree bit rather than the 90 (that's just my choice).

I would suspect the wood involved as my first source of trouble.
Finished/shiny wood will not move well, or register the sensors well, without some tape to assist the process. Once you have ruled out the wood, you should look for other machine problems.

The only other thin I can think of is a power surge during any of the machine time. This would basically be some other device in operation on the same circuit.
AskBud

wasacop75
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I used clear whitewood, tape underneath for the roller.
I reformatted the card and reloaded the project.
It worked this time..
I was beginning to think i was going to need another card or something/

Maybe this year i get machine #2 and 3...

rjustice
12-20-2009, 07:31 PM
I used clear whitewood, tape underneath for the roller.
I reformatted the card and reloaded the project.
It worked this time..
I was beginning to think i was going to need another card or something/

Maybe this year i get machine #2 and 3...

Mike,
Is your machine staying at a somewhat normal temp?... If you are heating it up from being considerably cold, the head pressure may have been off on your first attempts, and then once the machine warmed up the pressure was more normal... If this happens again, test your clamp pressure with bathroom scales.. I had something very similar happen several years ago. Once my machine was warm it was fine.

Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays!

Ron

wasacop75
12-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Ron,

My machine stays in the garage and never gets below 45 or so. and i always put a little heater on it to warm it up on a cold day. It was not the first carving of the day. Thats what bothered me. If it would have been the first one i could have understood the problem.

Thanks for all the help Fellers......

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...