PDA

View Full Version : Dust recovery for the CW

Milanth
12-20-2009, 08:18 AM
I have a question on adding the dust recovery to my CW. By putting this on the machine does this void your warranty since you have to cut the cover? I would really like to add this feature to my CW. It would save a lot of clean up for me.

Kenm810
12-20-2009, 08:38 AM
I like most folks, waited until my warranty expired before modifying my machine :wink:,
Actually I bought an extra clear front lid and a extra right side panel for my machine's modification experiments
just in case I would have to send I back for repairs or up-dates,
and just to be on the safe side if my thinker messed something up.
In most cases personal changes or additions to the machine will void the Warranties

AskBud
12-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Milanth, I've sent you a PM.
AskBud

fwharris
12-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Milanth,

When I was setting things up for the DC-Insert I asked LHR this same question. Their initial response was that any modification to the machine will void the warranty. Basically the same statement that is in the owners manual. I was also told that if one wanted they could order a replacement cover/door so that if they had to send the unit in for repairs they could swap it out before sending it in and then it would be a none issue.
They also asked that I include the modification statement: NOTE: disabling or modifying any safety features on your CarveWright/CompuCarve is not endorsed by LHR Technologies, Inc. Note that my modification does not disable or modify any of the safety features of the machine.