PDA

View Full Version : Importing downloaded files

will-munny
12-19-2009, 06:43 PM
hi all,

still have my carvewright in the box, ordered the rock chuck, centerline, and the 60 and 90 bits. Just browsing through patterns and downloaded a few.

Heres the question. I save them on my desktop and when i open designer to import them it says it is not a recognized graphic format. What am i doing wrong. Thanks for the help and im looking forward to my first project sometime in the next couple of weeks.

fwharris
12-19-2009, 07:31 PM
With designer open, go to file/open, or just click on the open folder icon.

You will need to change the file type to "ptn" and browse to your desk top and select the pattern you want to open..

bjbethke
12-19-2009, 07:40 PM
hi all,

still have my carvewright in the box, ordered the rock chuck, centerline, and the 60 and 90 bits. Just browsing through patterns and downloaded a few.

Heres the question. I save them on my desktop and when i open designer to import them it says it is not a recognized graphic format. What am i doing wrong. Thanks for the help and im looking forward to my first project sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Welcome to the forum.

If you downloaded a MPC file you should be able to just click on the MPC and it will open the Designer.

If you open a PTN file it will open the designer in the Pattern image section of the designer.

On a graphic image, you first need to open the designer programs first. To make a Pattern with the Pattern Editor you need to open the PE and use the IMPORT function to load the image.

If you do not have the PE you need to open the image with the IMPORT function in Designer.

RayTrek
12-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Hello and Welcome
Also make sure you are running the lasted version of designer, connect to the internet and in designer go to help/check for updates. Many of us are running Ver. 1.153 and (PTN. And MPC.), Will not open with older software.
Ray