PDA

View Full Version : I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

hdokes
12-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I was very excited waiting to receive my Carvewright system, and did today. I was extremely disappointed however to find that while my unit was a factory re-certified unit.... it has absolutely NO warranty. This was not made apparent during the purchase... in fact... quite the contrary.

The documentation state this " Excellent Coverage For Your Purchase:

* 100% Parts and labor coverage "

What does it say about a company that won't even stand behind it's own re-certification process? Very damn little... that's what. Even the likes of Dell, Sony, Bosch, and DeWalt to name a few give the full factory warranty on all their reconditioned/re-certified items.

As the Titles says... I hope this is not a sign of continued disappointments to come. I spent far too much on this system to passively be sodomized if that turns out to be the case.

I will happily recant that statement if indeed my experiences are positive ones however I have read some of the other threads on this forum which may suggest otherwise.

dbfletcher
12-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Can you share where you bought this unit from? Sears? LHR? eBay? Another reseller?

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
12-18-2009, 11:46 PM
eBay? You left out the small detail of where you bough it.... What you paid for it?

eBay is buyer beware.... No warranty.... Even second owners within the warranty hours have no warranty....

If you wanted a warranty you would have been better off buying a new unit.

Sounds like your research before the sale is really at FAULT not LHR.

AL