PDA

View Full Version : you all will love this

temler
12-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi all

You guys have helped so much with designing the pattern and got them all looking and carved one yesterday and now the machine is not working can you believe that, that is my luck. I got this machine in Jan of 07 and didn't carve my first thing till the fall of 07 I did a llama head scan and a carve, then is had a bunch more operation and then in christmas of 08 I did a couple of us quarters signs, and then now I am doing these signs and the machine broke, I knew it would since it was one of the first batch of machine with all the old crap, I even called in on a couple problems that I was happening and they said they don't think they need to change anything if I am not having that many faults so I said ok and left it at that. Now for the problem. I have had this sound every time the machine is measuring or moving fast from one end to the other it is a click and a little pause in the board movement I mean just a tiny pause and click, I described it like a tooth missing on a couple gears meshing together and you get that little skip when the one missing tooth comes around and then it catches the nest tooth. This has been doing this since I got the machine but I was told if there was no error it was alright. Then just the other day I was talking to Bud and told him about the sound and asked him if his machine made the same noise and he said no and then I started worrying, well I got my first carving done and got ready to do the second one and it started to measure the board and on it pass back up to the left end of the board it stop and gave me an error message about the checking the sensor, but I could hear the problem if I told it to try again I could hear the gears just slipping and the board not moving so I took the board out and moved the belts just a little and put the board back in and it moved just about 3 inches (not really sure how far it moved). So I am sure it is a gear and I think the machine use gears to run the drive belts, so I guess it is time to learn the inner workings of my machine and see how long it takes to get parts. And how much they cost, there plastic so they will only be an arm instead of an arm and a leg, they could have both of mine they don't work anyways. Where is the best place to order parts? My machine is a sears and I know they are the same but will sears deliver parts faster than CarveWright or will sears. I know if sears have the part in stock I can get it next day, I don't know much about CW yet.
Has anyone else had this problem, is this something where is should order to set of gears just in case.

All this and I just got all my thank you signs designed and ready to carve, I knew it would happen. Any tips I should know to take out the old gears and get ready for the new ones, what type of grease should I put on the gears?

Thanks for letting me vent and for any help you can give me

Thanks
Tim :( :(

PCW
12-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Tim,

Sounds to me like a X gear problem. You are missing some teeth on the one of the gears. The gears are located behind the cover that is opposite the keypad. Once the cover is off look in the lower right hand corner and a black cover will have to be removed to access the gears.

Parts (http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=133.217540)

Repair PDF (http://www.carvewright.com/images/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_x-drive_gear.pdf)

Digitalwoodshop
12-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Search for posted started by me using "X Drive Gear" remembering to use the " " with the search. Lots of pictures to help you along and why it happened.

AL

temler
12-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Search for posted started by me using "X Drive Gear" remembering to use the " " with the search. Lots of pictures to help you along and why it happened.

AL

THank guys, i could not figure out how to search with just x gears it says not less than 4 letters so now i know and maybe i will not duplicated a post
sorry about that and sorry for being so brain dead

Thanks to all
Tim

PCW
12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Tim

You need to put the quotation mark around the search term just like Al stated.
Just like >> "X Drive"