PDA

View Full Version : Magic Wand...

will george
12-17-2009, 01:06 PM
I have the latest software (I think). I'm old and not sure what I am doing these days.. But somewhere/somehow I got lost in the updates. I 'think' the older software would let me do things with the Magic Wand that I cannot do these days...

I have a 'working on' image that has a transperent background and I just wanted to carve out some areas for inserting wood strips of different woods.

I use a 5% gray/grey? scale to fill areas for the cuts I want to insert strips of wood. SVG to PNG for the CW software.... I am sure? the Wand would pick out areas of different color/colours? before but not now? I pick out the color and all I get now is the outline of everything and no distinction between the different color.

Any ideas?

TIMCOSBY
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
on the top right side. if you bring it down to 0.001 it should pick only the color your after but you may have to fiddle with the tolerance some to get only what you want. i am assuming this is in the pattern editor.

hogiewan
12-20-2009, 04:34 PM
the tolerance allows you to include colors if they are similar enough. Low tolerance picks less colors