PDA

View Full Version : Why so mean spirited applik\shari????

shabang
06-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Follow the link http://forum.artcam.com/viewtopic.php?t=2499

I don't think David M set out to flat out condon stealing others work.

If a person is wrong why do we have to resort to yelling at people. Why not educate folks. I pray the people that yell don't have kids. We learn from people showing us the error of our ways.

For me the post showed what could be done with the software used. It even peaked my interest into learning more about it. But after reading your post over there and the replies why would I be interested in a group that is jumping to conclusions?

I can say with that attitude I will not help you pay for your software by using your services.

Lots of folks make bad choices all the time. It does not mean they have bad intentions.

RobertP
06-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Follow the link http://forum.artcam.com/viewtopic.php?t=2499

:roll: not very proffesional from someone wanting to conduct business here. :oops:

Shawn Gillies
06-27-2006, 09:21 PM
edited

David M.
06-28-2006, 12:01 AM
removed

wmau24
06-28-2006, 11:46 AM
It really is too bad that this forums members seem to think that applik/shari is somehow the one at fault here. Personally I don't blame David M. either. I do believe what he did (copying someone else's artwork to another forum without that persons consent) was wrong, but my comments were not intended to be directed at him personally, but rather all of the people out there that seem to think that just because its on the web it must be in the public domain. I am an ArtCAM user, but this really has nothing to do with the program, it is about creativity and who owns what they create.

shabang
06-28-2006, 01:19 PM
This is how misinterpretation starts.

I never blamed, or put fault to, anybody. I stated I was unhappy by her attitude of the post made on another forum. You can no longer read it because it has been edited. But when a thread starts with a title of COPYCATS? that automatically lumps all of us at the CW forum in one room assuming we are going to commit acts of infringement.

I believe the whole thing is blown out of proportion. There was never any intent to blatantly commit infringement. Again you can't read original post due to editing.

Of course this is my interpretation of both posts.

Nor am I saying what anybody did was right.

True there are thieves out there. I just don't think this is a case of anybody promoting anything illegal.

And your statement about asking permission first is also true. But like I said people make bad decisions all the time.

otherguy
06-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Is the same person that has deleted all her post? She has also deleted all her post on another woodworking site. I don't know the whole story but I do know she is selling her Carvewright.

David M.
06-29-2006, 11:04 AM
The two events are unrelated, Sheri had ordered a Shopbot well in advance of any of this. Her CW machine has been seen listed for sale online and simply didn't soot her needs. I saw her own posts talking about it.