PDA

View Full Version : What Gives?

chebytrk
12-16-2009, 09:55 AM
OK...... So I've removed my Designer program completely(uninstalled) and then re installed it and I'm still having problems. When I open designer and then go to my library I see 2-3 Favorits along with 2-3 of other folders that I've made. I try to right click on them to delete them, but I can't do that. Also, usually when you select a pattern you can see it (preview it) on the bottom window (before actually placing it on the board). I can't even see that any longer. Anyone have any ideas. I'm trying to see if I can attach a snapshot of what my library looks like. Thanks for any help... JerryB

cnsranch
12-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Jerry - Open Windows Explorer and go here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\CarveWright

See if the multiple files are there.

chebytrk
12-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Jerry - Open Windows Explorer and go here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\CarveWright

See if the multiple files are there.

Great ! There was and I removed the "extra" favorites. Now the only thing left is that I can't see the selected Item in the window at the bottom like I used to. Any ideas why that might be? I can still drag it over to the board and paste it there, but I just can't see it on the little window at the bottom of the "library board menu thingy, whatchamacalit, thingamajig, dodad. :-D JerryB

cnsranch
12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Jerry, I have the same problem.

The computer at home is identical to the one here at the office - I can see the pattern in the preview window at home, can't see it here.

The only difference is that the one here is online all the time, and receives auto updates. The one at home doesn't have internet service, so I assume there's been as Windows update, or some kind of update that's got my unit here screwed up.

Sometime ago, I rolled back to the original video driver here and that fixed my problem. But, I recently had to update the driver, and there went the preview.

Now, when I minimize the Designer window (presumably to get some work done at the office:rolleyes:), and then mazimize it, I'll have no board showing at all - I have to click on the Pattern Tool to get it to re-appear.