PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a pattern!!!

PCW
12-15-2009, 09:37 PM
I have been playing with this pattern for a good portion of the day and starting to chase my tail.

Here is the situation.

I'm working on this pattern in pattern editor and it looks good and when I save it to Designer and open the pattern in a project half the grapes in the pattern deflate. Time for some new eyes to look at the pattern.

View in Pattern Editor

View in Designer

will george
12-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Not sure but would invert do for the deflated objects?

PCW
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Not sure but would invert do for the deflated objects?

Will,

If you invert the pattern everything gets concaved.

dbfletcher
12-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Will,

If you invert the pattern everything gets concaved.

What is the height in pattern editor and height/depth on the mpc? Could be "hitting the ceiling"?

Just a thought,

Doug Fletcher

PCW
12-15-2009, 10:17 PM
What is the height in pattern editor and height/depth on the mpc? Could be "hitting the ceiling"?

Just a thought,

Doug Fletcher

Doug,

It is the same .191 in Editor as what displayed in Designer. That what is getting me. Same size and height.

bjbethke
12-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Looks like you have the image inverted in the MPW. Your MPC looks OK in the inverted image.

dbfletcher
12-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Doug,

It is the same .191 in Editor as what displayed in Designer. That what is getting me. Same size and height.

Wow.. that is weird.. just for the fun of it... i started with a height of 10 on your mpc... and as i increased it.. more grapes would "Deflate" as you say.

Doug Fletcher

www.go3d.us
12-15-2009, 10:44 PM
The size of the whole thing is too small for the bit. If you double the size of the pattern then everything started to show. CW machine don't handle small detail very well at small size.
It will look a bit better with bit optimization set to best. And probably do ok at best carving mode.
So it's all coming down to size vs detail.

Digitalwoodshop
12-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Great Answer....

Thanks !!!!

AL

PCW
12-16-2009, 08:39 AM
The size of the whole thing is too small for the bit. If you double the size of the pattern then everything started to show. CW machine don't handle small detail very well at small size.
It will look a bit better with bit optimization set to best. And probably do ok at best carving mode.
So it's all coming down to size vs detail.

HT,

I took your advise and it worked. I did increase the size of the pattern to the max in editor and had the same results. When I change the bit optimization to best my grapes got PUMPED.:D Thanks

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.