PDA

View Full Version : Homing flag/Stop Flag question

Randy in Minn
06-25-2006, 04:30 PM
When my Carvewright came friday I opened the box and set it all up as per the instructions. It said there was a stop flag under the tape on one side Iinside) but I found nothing under the tape. Is this the same thing as what the manual calls a homing flag? I did find a small piece of steel in the bottom of the box. Maybe 3 inches long, 3/8 inch wide bent at about 45degree angle along the length and it has a small extension on one end like a flag. Is this the stop flag? If so where does it go? I DID find a plastic slot on the inside key pad side that it seems to fit into but does it go flag up or down?

pkunk
06-25-2006, 05:53 PM
You're in the right place. Flag up. No tape, it was just to hold it in place for shipping.

BobHill
06-25-2006, 06:01 PM
The flag you identified goes into a slot on the left side in a very visible slot protrusion in the black section. It'll only pop in one way and slides up and down by itself to perform it's function. Apparently a lot of them come loose from the box being jostled in transit.

Bob Hill

Randy in Minn
06-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks Guys! Will do so in the morning. BTW.... You CAN put it in upside down if you lower the table enough. I find ways to screw up just about anything!!!

BobHill
06-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Good point, Randy. I would never have thought of doing it way<g>.

Bob Hill

David M.
06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
This flag came out in my machine and the machine still worked for almost a week without issue till I needed to route and cut the edge of a board, thats when the sensors gave error mesages. It seems to only be used positioning for the edges, the top must be covered by the initial measuring. It is said that after the next firmware update this will no longer be needed.

cmorlier
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, that is the depth flag and is used only for measuring the depth of a board.

David is correct, in the next firmware release, it will no longer be necessary.