PDA

View Full Version : Quick Chuck

Smoken D
12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
OK, I'am having a senior moment. When taking off the QC and turn the flat wrench in a clockwise direction, when facing the QC from the outfeed table, are you turning the wrench from your right to left, or left to right? Got my mind confused---again!:(

Digitalwoodshop
12-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Click on the video link on any RJustice Link for a refresher.

AL

Smoken D
12-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Did that and also the Service Instructions. The video not too clear to me and the Service Instructions got confused. So, will rephrase my question for a little help please;
When taking off the QC and turn the flat wrench in a clockwise direction, when facing the QC from the outfeed table, are you turning the wrench from your right to left, or left to right?

PCW
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Did that and also the Service Instructions. The video not too clear to me and the Service Instructions got confused. So, will rephrase my question for a little help please;
When taking off the QC and turn the flat wrench in a clockwise direction, when facing the QC from the outfeed table, are you turning the wrench from your right to left, or left to right?

You will need to move the wrench toward the left (keyboard side) to remove the chuck from the spindle because it is a right handed tread.

Ron's video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7ueGa1u_U

JDPratt
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Counterclockwise

mtylerfl
12-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Counterclockwise

That's only if you have the machine upside-down! Depends on your point of view - top- or bottom.

Wrench turns left towards the keypad side, as PCW stated.

Smoken D
12-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Thank you ever so much Dan and Michael. As said, I just got myself confused. Watched the video many, many times and printed out the instructions prior to posting...still was confused. Again thank you!:-D

JDPratt
12-14-2009, 03:43 PM
That's only if you have the machine upside-down! Depends on your point of view - top- or bottom.

Wrench turns left towards the keypad side, as PCW stated.

Sorry I should have clarified which wrench. I just think of it as a normal screw or nut. Lefty loosy, righty tighty. (top wrench)

Digitalwoodshop
12-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Ok.... Let's make this very clear..... Get your hand held router and install a bit and place it in the same position as the Z Truck and turn the wrenches the same way on the router as the QC.

Practice with the Router a few times until you have it down.

AL