PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here . Have question...

Randy in Minn
06-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I received my Carvewright on Friday. I am unable to use it this weekend but....
in playing with the software, everything I create has the picture carved deeper than the background. (At least it LOOKS this way in rotatiing the picture). How carve away the background and leave the picture HIGHER than the background? Am I missing something?

David M.
06-25-2006, 04:11 PM
You have DEPTH, HEIGHT ANGEL and SIZE controls along the top of your tool bar, use the HEIGHT and adjust in increments of 50 or 100 up to 999. You can also use INVERT IMAGE when playing with the photos.

Randy in Minn
06-25-2006, 04:22 PM
You have DEPTH, HEIGHT ANGEL and SIZE controls along the top of your tool bar, use the HEIGHT and adjust in increments of 50 or 100 up to 999. You can also use INVERT IMAGE when playing with the photos.

Thanks David! Will play more with those and see what happens. :D

David M.
06-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh, one other thing, after you have an image on your board, if you run your selection tool over the surface there is a group of numbers in the bottom left corner of the screen that tell your position and DEPHT from the original surface. This is very useful in figuring out your carving hight.[/u]

pkunk
06-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I
in playing with the software, everything I create has the picture carved deeper than the background. (At least it LOOKS this way in rotatiing the picture). How carve away the background and leave the picture HIGHER than the background? Am I missing something?
It's a 2 part process. You need to define a background at the same depth as the base of your carving for it to carve away. this was 3 steps with the final step being the letters.
Open the mpc file with 'designer' and click on the field and you will understand.