PDA

View Full Version : Jog to cut?

dbfletcher
12-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Occasionally I have used the carvewright built in crosscut/ripcut features. I was wondering if there is such a feature as a "jog to cut" when using rip or cross cut from the panel menu. I have always just entered the size that I want, but lately there have been a few occasions where i wish I could jog to a point on the board to determine where I want to cut. So for a cross cut, i would jog to the X pos i want to start the cut... hit enter.. and it would proceed to do the cut accross the entire width at that x position. The rip would be similiar except on the y.

yes, I realize that some functions are easier/quicker on other shop tools.. but in a small eare a lot of time it is just more convenient to just use the cw which is always set up.

I hope I have explained this so someone can follow. Bascially it would be similiar to the jog to touch routine when we want more control over where the board thickness gets measured.

If this is already covered in the manual.... I apoligize... somewhere i must have missed it.

Doug Fletcher

Pratyeka
12-13-2009, 07:40 AM
short answer, no. Would be nice though.