PDA

View Full Version : sears vs CW

temler
12-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Where is the best place to buy? where did you buy your machine? Would you buy it there again? Once i get my permanent total disability i get a little extra money i think and if i do i want to buy another machine and wonder where i should buy it. My first one was a comp u carve, but not sure which one to buy and where. when i bought mine sears would not sell me an extended warranty that would make a difference. Please let me know were you got your machine from.

Thanks for the help
Tim

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
12-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Tim,
I have two machines both bought from Sears. I am and have been very happy with them. I'm not sure if theres alot of pro's and con's between the two. I see your near Piketon. My first machine i actually ordered online and picked up there in Wheelersburg at the distribution center. I live outside of Portsmouth Ohio!

Smoken D
12-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Because of the extended warranty, Sears might be best:)

temler
12-12-2009, 09:53 AM
thanks for the comments and so glad to meet another southern Ohio person.
Take care and nice to meet you.

Thanks
Tim

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
01-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Wow did this thread die... ? I counted like 23 replys and theres like several thousand members... Anyways, same machine, same results! Awesome!

mister_zed
01-21-2010, 06:21 AM
I bought mine off Ebay, branded Compucarve/Sears, reconditioned by LHR - and it was shipped to me directly from LHR, but with no warranty given or implied. So I guess I should say "Compucarve" as answer to the poll?

temler
01-21-2010, 07:03 AM
I bought mine off Ebay, branded Compucarve/Sears, reconditioned by LHR - and it was shipped to me directly from LHR, but with no warranty given or implied. So I guess I should say "Compucarve" as answer to the poll?

Thanks all of you for your answers. I really thought i would see more of them bought through LHR.
I sure thought there was more than 35 machine sold, I know this is not important poll but it would be very interesting to see where you all got your machines from. thanks for all your help
Tim

MAX COX
01-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Bought my cw at kansas city wood show and at the time it was the first one in iowa . It was a beta machine. I bought new cw when it was approaching the warranty running out on beta machines.

woodchip
01-21-2010, 09:48 AM
I saved a lot of money by buying from sears. The frieght from here to TX was $208.00.... Sears shipped it for free.After my machine melted, Sears replaced it with a new machine.
Woodchip

SJ12
01-21-2010, 10:49 AM

let me know how yours works. I too got mine on E-bay in Oct. 09 as factroy certified/rebuilt. I now wish I had bought mine new from sears with a 5 year warranty.

hogiewan
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
sears - with the extended warranty

Hexe SA
01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
bought one at Sears and one from LHR via Red Woodshop. I had no trouble with the one from LHR. Can't say that about the Sears machine, but Sears was good on its warrenty (no extended warrenty available at that time). Both machines run great now thanks to LHR Tech Support. I have not called them in 9 month. Hope I didn't jinks myself.
Eva

Semper Fi
01-24-2010, 08:36 AM
I bought one at Sears and one from LHR via Little Red Woodshop. Had the 5 year Sears warranty, but cancelled it and sold the replacement when Sears couldn't fix my original machine. In all fairness, this was when Sears was still trying to figure out the machine.

chebytrk
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I just dropped mine off at Sears Svc Center yesterday for it's annual "checkup" and a couple of things that I specifically request a look at (flexshaft and bit drilled hole in plastic next brass roller). Diane Coker said it usually takes 2-3 days if they have everything in stock that they find the machine needing. Wish me luck! Mentioned to them about the "lid modification" for my Dust Collector too. Even left in my Rock Chuck (with a bit). Let's see what happens................ :)

octhomasad
01-24-2010, 12:54 PM
i bought my carvewright on e-bay from a private party for $950 (free shipping) machine had 12 hrs. carve time on it. no problems so far.

lawrence
01-28-2010, 11:23 PM
AAFES (Armed forces exchange store) with a 3 year warranty

Lawrence

mark1945
01-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Machinery dist. Bought 2 from them and 1 used from individual.

onetexasoldman
02-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Got my from ebay refur and now after reading all on this forum should have got mine from sears with the 5 yr. It is a sears machine tho. Where do you find the hours on the machine. You say Sears will service them. My sears here in Colorado Springs doesn't even sell the machine. hahha

thelegend
02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
bougt mine at woodcraft in boise was theyre demo machine and had a bout 10 hours on it i paid 1500 for the machine a complete bit set and the sanning probe and it has a one year warranty through woodcraft