PDA

View Full Version : Need a Guinea Pig Pattern

Dan Frecks
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi all,
I am looking for a pattern of a Guinea Pig.... Does anyone have one or can you direct me to a source?

Thanks!

Kenm810
12-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Dan,

Hard to Choose. :wink:

Here's couple to try.

robbrigg2
12-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Dan,

Hard to Choose. :wink:

Here's couple to try.

Ken your too much... I would never have though someone would have a pattern of a Guinea Pig ready, let alone with a selection... either your fast or you have a phenominal library that is meticulously (SP?) organized which some how I think the latter is more like it... :D

Kenm810
12-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey Robert,

25 minutes ago I didn't have anything like a Guinea Pig Pattern,
Ya gotta work fast around these folks, or nine or ten of em will beat you to it. :razz:

Ps. My filing system looks like an exploded head of cabbage most of the time!

dbfletcher
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey Robert,

25 minutes ago I didn't have anything like a Guinea Pig Pattern,
Ya gotta work fast around these folks, or nine or ten of em will beat you to it. :razz:

Ps. My filing system looks like an exploded head of cabbage most of the time!

Ken,

Can you share your secret for how you are doing the faux painting in your guinneys below? I've jsut been grabbin screen shots to send "proofs" to ppl who wanted stuff carved.. and telling them it woud be slightly different when painted becuase it seemed like too much work the way I was trying to do it. Looks like you have developed a simple method with outstanding results.

Doug Fletcher

robbrigg2
12-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Ken,

Can you share your secret for how you are doing the faux painting in your guinneys below? I've jsut been grabbin screen shots to send "prorfs" to ppl who wanted stuff carved.. and telling them it woud be slightly different when painted becuase it seemed liek too much work the way I was trying to do it. Looks like you have developed a simple method with outstanding results.

Doug Fletcher

I want to second that motion!

Kenm810
12-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Doug, Robert,

I just got home and saw your posts, it's a simple process I've used for years, - Long before I had my Carver.
I'm using an semi-transparent mask of a picture or graphic over a Designer carving screen shot to act as a guide
when it's time to paint a project or to Email to a client,
to show them what a project that doesn't exist yet could look like.
I've posted the explanation two or three times in the last couple years
when folks have asked.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=98000&postcount=8

robbrigg2
12-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks Ken, now I have it saved in my tips and tricks folder... I appreciate it.

dbfletcher
12-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Doug, Robert,

I just got home and saw your posts, it's a simple process I've used for years, - Long before I had my Carver.
I'm using an semi-transparent mask of a picture or graphic over a Designer carving screen shot to act as a guide
when it's time to paint a project or to Email to a client,
to show them what a project that doesn't exist yet could look like.
I've posted the explanation two or three times in the last couple years
when folks have asked.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=98000&postcount=8

One last ? Ken.... what is your graphics editor of choice?

Doug Fletcher

Kenm810
12-10-2009, 06:47 AM
I have a few graphic programs like Adobe Illustrator and Coral, plus a couple others,
but lately I've been using Paint.net, guess it's because it loads the quickest
and can handle most of my needs for CW Designer right now. :wink:

Dan Frecks
12-15-2009, 04:12 PM
sorry it took me so long to get back to you Ken I was out of town. These are great. I'll take a look at them tonight and get back to you....

Thanks again,
Dan