PDA

View Full Version : Design Editor stuck on 'Rotate'

paulcflorida
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm new to the forum. I purchased the Carvewright with the probe & software for same. I am unable to get any of the tools [paintbrush, eraser, etc,] in Design Editor to function; when program opens, it displays the 'rotate' tool.. it will not come off that tool no matter what I do.
I hope someone else has had this problem... Thanks in advance for your help.

fwharris
12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Do you have a design set up in the progam to work with??

Kenm810
12-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the CW Forum

In Designer my Rotate tool won't release after I add an item or Pattern to my project board,
until I push the Icon button again, then I can push the Arrow Icon and go on from the there,
it's a been happening to me since the last time I up-graded the Designer Version,
if that's what's happing to you.

On the Pattern Editors Left side of the split screen my curser it always
in the "Rotate" mode, always has been, if that's what your asking about.

AskBud
12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Here are some observations on the Design Editor.
The Left (Black) side is for viewing what effects your "Edit" on the Right (Checker board) side is having on your pattern.

You may Rotate, Pan, or resize (Enlarge or reduce) the Left screen, but I know of no Edit tools that apply to that Left window.
AskBud

hogiewan
12-09-2009, 01:48 PM
click on another tool and it will release. Also, if you hold down the middle mouse button, you get the rotate tool temporarily

paulcflorida
12-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Okay.. who's dumber than me!

Thank you all for your help. I am using PE just fine now thanks to all of you.
I am not very used to getting answers so quick and so helpful.. think I'm going to like it here.

paul c.