PDA

View Full Version : Testing of cutter motor

renuts
12-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I have seen the video, read the manual, and visited the forum; just operated the carver a few hours since I obtained it and I have finished a project. I have had QC issues which I corrected by reading the forum. Now the cutter motor is not working. By all indications I have burned the cutter motor or the mirco-switch is not working! Is there way to actually test the cutter motor without actually assuming the motor is burned without taking it off? How do you test the mircro-switch on right side. PDF's only tell how to take them off, but not how to test them to check if they operate correctly.

OK how do I get new parts? Am I still under warranty if I remove part and ask for replacement?

Chief
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Renuts,

If your machine is still under warranty, call LHR for tech support and they will lead you through a testing procedure which will determine the cause for your problem. Once the determination is made, tech support will order the part and you'll get it in about a week at no cost, not even for mailing. I do understand, from reading what others have posted, that some parts require being returned, for what I don't know. So far I've had nothing but a good experience with the techs........... it's the machine itself that leaves a lot to be desired.

Chief

Digitalwoodshop
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Do searches of "Cut Motor" with the " " and started by me in an advanced search as I have posted lots of pictures to guide you...

Cut Motor, Brushes, and X Termination Board.

AL

www.go3d.us
12-08-2009, 07:39 PM
How long did you have your machine?

renuts
12-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I have had it for a number of months, but used it very little since I not retired just yet. I have an estimated teen of carving time on it. I assume its the cutter motor, when you assume!